Reload this Page >

Napa Hot Air Ballon Ride and E-bay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Confused

I was wondering if anybody out there could shed some light on purchasing gift certificates from e-bay for a hot air balloon ride in Napa. There are two postings on e-bay for a total of $150-$185 for a balloon ride for two people to use on Balloons Above the Valley. However, this company is not the one selling the tickets, but rather a third party. Has anyone purchased these type of tickets before and used them for such an excursion? Please let me know of your experience. Thanks a bunch!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:27 AM
kam

The only thing I can offer is that Balloons ABove the Valley is a very good company. I don't understand how ebay works. The price sounds a little bit too good to be true.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Laura

I have bought 100's of items on ebay (as well as selling many items). I've never had a bad experience BUT just make sure that the seller had good ratings prior to your bid. You can get terrific deals there...everything from collector items to European Vacations. Read the remarks posted by former buyers!

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Linda

I saw the same auction on e-bay. Keep in mind that if the weather is bad or you can't make it for some reason, certificates are non-refundable. Also, BATV has "double trips" meaning you may have to ride in the chase van while others fly first. Something to consider.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 08:06 AM
Dick

I would contact the Balloon company before bidding and confirm that the certificates will be accepted.