Search

Napa Area Lodging

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 02:40 PM
Last Minute Husband

Napa Area Lodging

Is it possible to book a room for only one night by waiting until say 4:00pm on Saturday evening? Everyone wants a 2-3 night minimum booking. Your experiences are greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 04:26 PM
amber

Where are you thinking of booking? I've been told by some hotels and B&B's that they will do it on Friday nights and Saturday mornings, definitely don't wait until 4 p.m. On the other hand, I believe some of the smaller hotels and B&Bs will take single night reservations, even on weekends, you just have to call around. Don't quote me on this, but I think Oleander House B&B and El Bonita does not require a minimum night stay. Of course if you're looking for something grander, you might have to wait until Friday night. Also, I know the chamber of commerce has a line you can call to get a list of lodgings in the area that still have rooms available.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 11:25 AM
Susan

I know that the hotels in Calistoga do not require a two night stay. Try Nance's and Golden Haven Spas for inexpensive lodging.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 12:42 PM
xxx

Have you tried Sonoma Mission Inn? I don't believe they require a 2 night booking. We stayed there a few months ago for only one night.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 03:47 PM
gina

We stayed at both Dr. Wilkensen's Spa and White Sulpher Springs Spa Resort in Calistoga for one night each.

Warning: Dr. Wilkensen's had a 70's looking neon light out front (the rooms were quite adorable, though) and White Sulpher Springs is actually more like a camp than anything else.

One other thought - if last minute rooms are available a day or two prior, you might get some of the nicer B&B's south of Calistoga for just one night...but I might not count on it!

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 04:30 PM
gail

Note: SMI is in Sonoma County.....Could try Cedar Gables Inn (800) 309-7969 www.historicinns.com/cedar. for a Napa option.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 08:02 PM
flora

Try the Comfort Inn in Calistoga,& ask for a room with a view of the vineyard.