Naked in SF

Old Feb 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naked in SF

I don't want to be naked in SF and I am a horrible under-packer. We are staying at the Warwick (Union Sq)and if I don't want to pay for valet laundry service-are there public laundry facilities near by? We won't have a car.
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 10:41 PM

I googled the following:

"laundromat on geary street san francisco"

You will find a number of laundromats a few blocks from your hotel.

I'd suggest that you try for something north or east of your hotel for safer areas. Also don't do laundry late at night.

Can you hand wash some things in your room? The easiest laundry soap to carry is "Camp Suds" from sporting goods stores like REI. You need only a few drops and it's biodegradable.

However, if you intend to be naked in San Francisco, please allow us to know the date, time and place - we're a very open society here.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 02:37 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Naked in San Francisco? I arrived in the area on Saturday and I wish I had brought my winter parka, between the rain and the cold.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 04:41 AM

When are you traveling to SF?

If you go in August, don't be fooled into thinking it's summer -- when the fog rolls in, it can get quite cold. Pack a light jacket/sweater and pants!

P.S. I wish I was able to underpack!!
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 04:43 AM

I would just pack more than worry about doing laundry on a trip. But maybe that is because I do all the laundry at home!

Anyway, my real reason for typing is that we stayed at the Warwick a few years ago and really liked it. It is a great location and very nice little hotel.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 08:49 AM

You won't have a problem finding a self-service laundromat in the area, but you can also find "wash and fold" places that do your laundry by the pound and they're pretty inexpensive. Drop it off in the morning, and retrieve it later in the day. No problem!
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

We are traveling in May. I used to overpack-but have lugged huge bags around too many airports. Then I started packing for half of the days we are traveling and then doing laundry mid way through the trip. With all the surcharges on baggage I figured this was a good idea. Then I booked at the Warwick and noticed no laundry in house. I don't have any idea how much it costs to do valet laundry service. My hubby has sensitive skin-so I bring his detergent. With no car though-I don't want to carry dirty laundry for miles. Thanks for the posts.
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 04:48 PM

There are several self-serve places within 4 blocks of the hotel.