Na Pali Outfitters

Apr 3rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Na Pali Outfitters

Hi Fodor Friends!

Looking forward to Kauai from 5/29-6/3! Wondering about Na Pali tours. Any recommendations for specific tours? I know there are a number of outfitters to choose from. There will probably be a group of us (8-10). Do any offer group rates!? That would be helpful!

Thanks in advance!
T in Cocoa Beach, FL
Apr 3rd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Oh,

I forgot to ask: Kayaking suggestions? Don't think we want the Na Pali ocean kayak adventure, but maybe a calmer variety.

Thanks again!
T. in FL
Apr 4th, 2011, 07:05 AM

I have been on the Zodiac Boat Tours when it was owned by a guy named Clancey. It was excellent. The company was taken over by Captain Andy's I believe.
Apr 4th, 2011, 03:10 PM

I have only been out on Captain Andys and Holo Holo, both of which are excellent but not zodiacs (cannot do the rafts due to bad back) they go out of Port Allen. Na Pali Catamaran goes out of the North Shore and should be running tours that time of year, gets good reviews over on Trip Advisor.
Apr 4th, 2011, 08:55 PM

I highly recommend Na Pali Catamaran -- they leave from Hanalei Bay, and you have amazing scenery for the entire tour. The boat is small, only about 15 people or so, if I remember correctly. Who knows, maybe your group would make up a tour (sorry, don't know about group rates). Take all your pictures on the outbound trip, as they speed back on the return trip.

http://www.napalicatamaran.com/

If you prefer a more adventurous trip, Captain Andy's zodiac is the way to go. But be prepared to hold on the entire time, it's a rough ride. Fun, but not what I would suggest if you're looking to really enjoy the scenery and take photos. You also leave from Port Allen, and it takes a little while to get to the truly stunning scenery. It is nice that they let you out on shore for lunch and some poking around, but I preferred Na Pali Catamaran overall.

Have fun!