N Willamette Valley wine country lodgi g

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hoping MMS will see this but know there are other posters who know this area as well.

Although I live in Oregon, I don't know this area well. Have guests arriving who would like to visit this area in Sept - there will be 4 of us. Looking for lodging suggestions. Checked out the Allison. That is not in our budget for sure.

I was looking at the cottage at the Painted Lady- looks interesting but would like some other suggestions.

I have printed winery suggestions from MMS and a few others so think we are set there.

Appreciate any suggestions.
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 11:02 AM

Well, from a cottage at the Painted Lady you could walk to dining options, including our favorite from a few years ago, Recipe.

We stayed at the Allison for an anniversary/birthday trip, and it was very nice, but yes, pricy. Add in that we are not spa people, and that you can't walk anywhere--although the restaurant is excellent--and I'm not sure we'd do it again.

On our next trip, we stayed at the Inn at Red Hills and liked it fine for value, location and overall room (and bed) quality.

http://innatredhills.com

It's also walkable to dining, but I think the restaurant has changed hands since we were there.
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 02:23 PM

Hi Sunbum

Take a look at Chehalem Ridge B&B. It is up on Mountain Top Rd, on Chehealem Mountain in Newberg. It is a small place, just a few rooms, and has the most amazing deck with absolutely stunning views of the valley! Take that out to Bell Rd and you are very close to the wineries such as Brick House and Arbor Brook etc.

Inn At Red Hills as NewbE mentioned is also great. We have stayed there once after a special event at a winery and didn't want to even drive the 15 minutes or so to our house, lol. Very nice place, and even though it sits right on highway 99 right smack in Dundee, we found it very quiet, which was nice. There is a tasting room in the same building that has I believe 4 wineries included, although it is a hefty fee, around $55 or so. Another poster here has been there so he can help with those details. This hotel is walkable so quiet a few tasting rooms as well as good restaurants. If you want more details on what is around there, just let me know.

If you don't mind a bit further down in downtown McMinnville, there are more options. Right on 3rd street, where all the boutiques/restaurants and such are, is a loft above the La Rambla restaurant. Here is the link to it. It is pricey, but roomy.
http://www.laramblaonthird.com/loft.html

Another place with apts in McMinnville is Third Street Flats, and here is their website. http://thirdstreetflats.com

There are also lofts out in Carlton, if you are interested. I like that town as it is tiny, but has quite a bit.

Hope some of this helps and like I said, if you need anything else just ask
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 02:30 PM

Sunbum--I just thought of two other places. Stoller winery has a couple houses on site that they rent. The cottage is the cheapest, and while not inexpensive, it does have 3 bedrooms. Also take a look at The Vintages. It is right on highway 18 as you approach Dayton and it is restored airstream trailers that are all redone, and they provide you with bikes, and little bistro tables, etc. It has become a really popular place to stay! The only real downside it is in in an rv "park" but at least the rv's are in the back and these are in the front, lol. Oh, and also the Gahr Farm in McMinnville has some cottages.
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Wow- MMS. You are a wealth of information!
Thank you and NewbE too- surely one of those will work for us!
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 05:28 PM

Sunbum--Glad to help Keep us posted and let us know how it goes
Old Aug 8th, 2016, 07:23 PM

Yes, post about everything so I can live vicariously! It has been way too long since our last visit...