Reload this Page >

Willamette Valley Wine Country

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Wendy

My boyfriend and I are thinking of heading to Northern Oregon's wine country in a few weeks. If anyone has any input on the best wineries to visit, B&B's to stay at or restaurants to visit we would appreciate it! Thanks!

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 02:16 PM
Wendy

topping for me because we are having a hard time finding B&B's. Any suggestions?

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 02:32 PM
Glenda

Look at moriah.com/inns/or We have stayed at several of these inns and have always enjoyed. McMinnville is a good location.

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 07:16 PM
John

You might consider McMenamin's Hotel Oregon in McMinnville - http://www.mcmenamins.com/McHO/index.html
It would also introduce you to this unique group of hotels/resorts/pubs/etc. in Oregon - all different and fun.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Wendy

Just back from a wonderful weekend in the wine country! Wow!

We stayed at the Avellan Inn one night and Younghill Inn the second. Both were fantastic and I would highly recommend!

Visited approxiamtely 12 wineries/tasting rooms. Great selection, styles and atmoshere. The people down here are amazingly nice.

Had a fantastic meal at the Joel Palmer House. This is on track with the best European restaurants. Also ate at Nick's Italian Restaurant.

Can't wait to go back in the summer!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 03:38 PM
Wendy

Getting ready to head back to the Willamette Valley this Thanksgiving and really found this website to be of great help!

http://www.yamhillwine.com/index.htm

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 03:49 PM
sightseer

Wendy: Thanksgiving is a great time for wineries in this region, since many of them are only open two weekends a year - Thanksgiving & Memorial Day.

If you get a chance, stop by and try the wine from Ken Wright Winery. It's very good wine and a fun crowd. The wine sells out in advance, so you can typically taste from the barrel and come back a year later to pick up your wine. I'm going to fly up to meet up with a some friends to pick up our annual case.

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 06:25 PM
June

I love Ken Wright wines - expensive, but boy are they a treat!

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Wendy

Thanks sightseer! Last time we were there in March not all the wineries were open. We loved the area so much that we decided to do t-day weekend just for the opportunity to visit some of the smaller ones.

We LOVE great wine and take home many cases so I really appreciate the tip on the Ken Wright Winery. We have marked them on our "go" list.

Thanks!

p.s. we are staying at Youngberg Hill b&b again as it was so great the first time (I just see I misspelled it in my post on 3/25)

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 07:54 AM
pdxer

We just did a short trip to some wineries this past weekend with an out-of-town guest. It was so beautiful with all the fall colors. I recommend the Dundee Bistro for lunch or dinner.

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Wendy

If this is the bistro that is owned by Ponzi we went there for lunch last time and really enjoyed sitting up at the "chefs bar". We plan on stopping on our way in to get a little something in our stomachs before all that wine!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Wendy

topping for Nan

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:11 PM
beachbum

Can someone tell me where Ken Wright is? Their deal sounds something like Brick House's, another great little winery near Dundee. Brick House opens only during Thanksgiving Day weekend. The pinots you taste won't be released until the following March, so you end up buying futures. They're pricey too, but they've made a pinot convert of me.

And FWIW, I'll second the recommendation on Ponzi's Bistro.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Wendy

http://www.yamhillwine.com/index.htm

Find Carlton (to the left about middle) and they are right above that.

236 N Kutch St.

Wendy