Mystic restaurants

Jul 19th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Mystic restaurants

Just saw an episode of Rachel Ray's $40 a day which focused on Mystic. She had breakfast at Kitchen Little, lunch at the Sea Swirl, and dinner at Noah's. Would you recommend these also or are there other places with the same local flavor?
Jul 20th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Original Poster

Also, are there any boutiques or consignment shops in Mystic? Thanks.
Jul 20th, 2006, 10:52 AM

I was in Mystic, at Kitchen Little, shortly after Rachael Ray had been there (I hadn't seen the show, but there were newspaper clipping on the door).
It was cute, I guess, but very tight and crowded (and this was in January!)
Food was good if a little expensive for a place like that (Eggs and a crabcake was like $12?) and they seem a little inflexible (less than a minute after I put in my order, I asked if I could have a different kind of toast, and was told "no, the order is already in")
I don't know the area well but I think that many of the other breakfast choices in the area were chain places.
Jul 20th, 2006, 12:13 PM

We ate lunch outdoors at Kitchen Little three years ago. We enjoyed it. Don't remember what we had other than a broth based clam chowder.

We ate dinner that night at Abbot's in Noank. I've seen many pros and cons about it. But we really liked it. My husband particularly enjoyed the lobster roll he had there. I think it helped that we were there on a rainy Tuesday evening. Definitely kept the crowds down!
Jul 21st, 2006, 07:15 PM

I like Abbotts as well. It is a lobster pound with picnic tables on the shore and dock. The lobster roll is the best. They have lots of tanks were you can see all the lobsters. It is a fun place that can be very crowded. Costellos is the sister restaurant that specializes in clams. It is nice too. You have a good selection with these 2 places and they are within walking distance of each other.