Myrtle Beach vacation

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Sharon

Myrtle Beach vacation

Looking for a nice cottage ,oceanside 3BR sleeps 6 prefer pool. Spring break 2003 . Any ideas???? Rent from sat-sat

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 10:58 AM
kim

Try one of the campgrounds, like Ocean Lakes. You can rent one of their trailer homes or cottages.

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 11:00 AM
Sue

Why would Sharon want to rent a trailer?

Sharon, check Kingston Plantation. Surfside Realty also has oceanfront homes with pools.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 05:59 AM
Sharon

Thank you Kim and Sue I'll check out both .

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 06:42 AM
pam

We stayed at KP this past summer. They are one of the nicest in MB. A very nice pool area and health club. There may be others but this place was very enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone. I don't think I would do the trailor thing unless finances are extremely tight.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 07:47 AM
Sharon

I checked out Ocean Lakes and they also have several beach houses and homes for rent , still looking tho .

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 09:41 AM
chuck

Sharon,

If North Myrtle Beach is a possibility for you, you might want to try one of the local realty companies. They offer lots of cottages and condos.

www.elliottrealty.com

www.white-realty.com

I know there are also lots of cottages in Surfside & Garden City Beach as well, but I live on the North end of the strand and am not as familiar with the beaches south of MB.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:18 AM
Bobo

Have you considered trying Hilton Head at that time of year? Their selection of ocean front deluxe homes (pools, ocean front bbq's, designer furnishings etc) far exceeds anything else on the Carolina coast. You are about 4 hours south of Myrtle Beach and so you have a much better chance at better weather. There is lots to do in Hilton Head and not as tacky.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:36 AM
Sara

You can find lots of info on the web or you can go the chamber of commerce website and have them send you a Stay and Play guide. You'll get some realtor's rental catalogs too.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 02:45 PM
Uncle Nick

I have been to both Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head Island and I think Bobo is right. Hilton Head was more fun and not as crowded. I reaaly liked Harbortown and the shops and all the boats. Much nicer than Myrtle Beach. It is the place to go in that area.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 11:51 AM
The Swede

Here's my two cents worth. Hilton Head is better because of better hotels/resorts, better restaurants, better (not more but better) golf, less people and less touristy tackiness. Myrtle beach has wax mueseums, bumper to bumper traffic and little chance to view the ocean while driving.

Sharon should consider Hilton Head and upgrade her vacation.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 12:02 PM
Gretchen

Go just a little south of MB and think about Garden City, Surfside, Litchfield. MUCH nicer and nicer than Hilton Head also, particularly Litchfield.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 04:17 PM
Sharon

Thanks to all of you for your help . I would love to see Hilton Head but will have to wait until another time. I'm driving down from NY so 4 hours more is to much this time . I checked the web sites for it tho and it looks great . Again ,Thank you all !

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 06:19 AM
jen

Surfside and Garden City is a great place to stay and still enjoy Myrtle Beach. It is about 15 minute drive to the main attractions. A great reality co. to check out is Dunes.com. The staff there have been great with helping me find a house for Bike week.