Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina trip planning HELP!!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks with husband, and almost 10 and 8 year olds. We are staying in a condo at Kingston Plantation on the beach, pretty central, we think. (having been there 10 years ago) Would appreciate any recommendations for restaurants/ with or without music, kid stuff, entertainment. The kids are at great ages, will stay out and are easily entertained....though, they had a month in Australia with us last summer, so they may be expecting more than just catching some good waves!!!! Any help appreciated, thanks!!
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM

MB has more golf courses and mini golf courses than anywhere else in the world. Broadway at the Beach has Magicquest, an Imax theatre and a regular movie theatre, a Ripley's aquarium, and a bunch of shops and restaurants. There is a Ripley's Believe or Not museum in downtown Myrtle. Ocean Waves is a water park,and I think there may be a couple of other water parks. The Hard Rock Theme Park failed but has reopened under another more generic name that I can't recall at this second. There is another small amusement park on the beach in downtown MB. There are several dinner theatres including Medieval Times and the Carolina Opry. There are go-carts at the Nascar Park. There is an alligator and reptile place at Barefoot Landing along with more shops and restaurants. There are a couple of outlet malls. You can rent a boat. Along the beach, you will find parasailing, banana boat rides, jet skis, etc.
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 03:20 PM

Kingston has a pretty good on site waterpark and this time of year it may just be a little to warm to leave the beach. It is in an excellent location and I really like the condos. My husband and I used to head up there (I live in Murrells Inlet) a couple times a year just to stay in Myrtle Beach.

Restaurants:

Rossi's
Chesnut Hill
Chesapeake House

Best Seafood Buffet:

Prossers BBQ in Murrells Inlet.

Favorite restaurants:

Franks and Franks Outback (Pawleys Island)
High Hammock (PI)
Bove (PI)

Definitely take the kids to Murrells Inlet and the marshwalk one night for dinner.
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM

Hi DC

Check your email.

Me
Old Jul 9th, 2009, 05:36 PM

Please visit my Myrtle Beach message board and check out the Restaurant Topic. We have lots of members with children your age.
http://www.funbeaches.com/forum/
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 10:51 PM

There are some wonderful restaurants just North of MB in Little River. This used to be one of our favorites. Hope it is still great. The building is an old church. It has a collection of stained glass from old churches that were torn down.
http://www.parsonstable.com/

An hour or so south of MB is Georgetown, a tiny, rather charming town. We took the evening ghost tour and highly recommend it. The kids on the boat had a wonderful time. The plantation tour would probably be good also.
http://www.lowcountrytours.com/tours.htm

Also south of MB is the fabulous Brookgreen Gardens, the oldest sculpture garden in the US. It is now a National Historic Landmark and is on the National Registry of Historic Places. Because it is outside, with ponds, fountains, etc. kids seem to enjoy it as much as adults. It is really a treasure.
http://www.funbeaches.com/brookgreen.html