Reload this Page >

Myrtle Beach in June

Search

Myrtle Beach in June

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 07:20 AM
Missy

Myrtle Beach in June

Hi everyone! I am going on my first vacation to MB in June with my husband and my 3 month old daughter. Obviously the rtip is for my husband and me. I would like to know about the beat places to eat (I don't mind buffets as long as they are clean), places to avoid and some attractions where my daughter will be welcome. I also want to know about the beaches. Oh by the way I am staying at the Sands Forest Villas. Thanks for any offerings.

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 07:43 AM
missy

T-Bonz is one of our favorites - It's in MB, and also N. Myrtle Beach. Damon's has great ribs. For Japenese cook at your table Nakatos in N. Myrtle Beach is great! Make sure to try mini-golf, there are non other like them in the world. Broadway at the Beach is a nice place to stroll around in.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:52 AM
chuck

Missy,

After vacationing here for the past 20 years, my wife & I moved to North Myrtle Beach. I think you'll have a great time in June. Your villas are in a good location (about 48th Avenue North in MB).

My first suggestion is to search this site using the search term *myrtle beach* and select South Carolina in the subject box. I tried this just now and got 50 previous posts with good info on MB.

I agree with the poster above that T-Bonz at Barefoot Landing (North MB) is a good place for lunch (or dinner). Ask for a table by the waterway if you'd like to watch the boat traffic.

I am not a fan of buffets. Unless you just need an unlimited quantity of food, I think you'll find regular restaurants to be a better experience. And there are plenty! The only ones I wouldn't recommend are: Santa Fe Station in North MB and Cagney's (although this is a favorite of some, I can't see why).

Places to try:
1. Bummz (cafe on the beach, sit on the patio and watch the beautiful blue atlantic while you eat a sandwich or burger).
2. Sea Captain's House--also on the ocean (which is a little rare for MB restaurants); lunch or dinner is good, usually a little crowded.
3. Other seafood restaurants--in no particular order--Chestnut Hill; Atlantic Grill; Marker 350; Duffy Street Seafood Shack (in Cherry Grove, north of you).

A few major attractions:
1. Broadway at the Beach (restaurants, shops, an aquarium, IMAX, Hard Rock Cafe, Planet Hollywood, and NASCAR go-kart track across the street)--from your villas, get on King's Highway (a/k/a Business 17) and then take 48th Avenue North to 17 By-Pass, turn left and Broadway at the Beach is about 1.5 miles on your left.
2. the Pavillion--it will be crowded, but it's a fun, tacky amusement park & boardwalk in the heart of MB (several miles south of you on Ocean Blvd).
3. Classic Air Ventures--airport at North Myrtle Beach (turn away from the beach at the Hawaiin Rumble mini-golf); great ride in a 1940's bi-plane, takes you out over the ocean and then you buzz an uninhabited island; lots of fun, about $110 for two.
4. If MB gets to be too much, head south on 17 By-Pass to Huntington Beach State Park and/or Brookgreen Gardens, about 45 minutes from your villas.
5. The wonderful beach! Wide & flat, great for walking or bike-riding, usually a fairly gentle surf (and water temps should be getting comfortable, especially in late June); you may get lucky and see dolphins, they swim close to shore at times.

If you have any particular questions, feel free to ask--either on this board or you can email me.

Have a great time!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:12 AM
CF

I think mini golf might be hard with a 3 month old...T Bonz is also one of our favorite places as is the Crab House. It's also in Barefoot.

When you go to Briadway at the Beach be sure to take her to Build a Bear Workshop. It's a cute place.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:12 AM
CF

That's BROADWAY at the Beach...I can spell folks, I just can't type.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 07:26 AM
Stephanie P.

Missy:

Are you sure you want to go in June? I went in August and September before. In August it was unbearably crowded. In September, it was really not too crowded on the beaches and I loved it. The temperature was in the low 90s also. Since you don't have a school aged child, I'd tell you to go then. Also, there seemed to be a lot of couples w/infants on the beach so you'd fit right in.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 09:19 AM
cf

Early Sept. is the most fantastic time to go there. However, if you have to go in June, it isn't nearly as bad as August. August is terrible as far as crowds and traffic go.