Must Visit Places In Orlando???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18th, 2003, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband are visiting Orlando in April for the first day. Any suggestions on resturants, 30 something clubs, tourist attractions (besides disney of course), etc.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 11:26 AM

Hi,

How long are you in Orlando for?

I personnally like Epcot , Univrsal Studios, & Islands of Adventure ( if you like thrill rides), Sea World.

On International Drive ( I Drive) I like Ripley's belive it or not.
Pointe Orlando and The Mercado are nice ot walk around ( The Titanic Exhibition is at the Mercado)

I also like the Pirate's Cove Adventure Golf close to the Mercado.

I would never pay full price for the attractions as in all restaurantss/hotel lobbies you can pick up discount coupon books offering usually $1-$2 per person off the attractions and 10% off dinner/lunch entres at restaurants such as Sizzler , Ponderosa ( good)

Have a great time ( I'll be back in Orlando at Easter)

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 01:16 PM

Hi!, my name is Dal (like short for Dallas)and I came across your query about Orlando and it's hot spots. My Mother and I went there last year in May and stayed there for 3 weeks! We had a wonderful time, as this was our first time to the BIG "O"!We stayed in Cocoa with a friend and visited the Kennedy Space Center, as well as the Astronaut Hall of Fame Museum and Memorial Planetarium & Observatory. All were fascinating and are a must see! Thier less expensive too!One of the BEST places to go for food and entertainment and what I personally thought was the highlight of the trip is Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament in Kissimmee! They serve you a delicious 4 course Dinner that you get to eat with your bare hands just like the old times!LOL! Then later they have the jousting! We had a blast! I highly recomend it! As for Night Clubs, we didn't care for the Night Life that Orlando can provide,(to wild for us!) but we did go on a gambling Cruise Ship run by a company called Sterling that takes 2 trips daily out 3 miles from shore that I think will interest you. They are located on Merritt Island just south of Cocoa Beach. The nice thing about them is they are FREE! All you have to do is call ahead for tickets, and then pick day or night departures. There's FREE food and even a Night Club on-board! I know that alot of these destinations are not in Orlando, but they are all well worth the drive! If you have any more questions feel free to E-mail me at [email protected] and have a great trip!
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 02:05 PM

If you like stained glass, I can recommend the Morse museum in Winter Park, near downtown Orlando. They have the largest collection of Tiffany glass in the world. Winter Park is an interesting place, anyway. Lots of window shopping and nice old houses.
http://www.morsemuseum.org/
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 03:27 PM
E

My top recommendation is Cirque du Soleil, but they sell out far in advance. If you can get tickets, though, I suggest you do, it's an awesome show.
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 04:33 PM

I live in Orlando and can tell you that all of us locals get our Cirque du Soleil La Nouba tickets on Ebay. MUCH cheaper!