Reload this Page >

Must-sees in Chicago

Search

Must-sees in Chicago

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Walter

Must-sees in Chicago

I am planning to go to Chicago in mid-August for a week. Any attractions or neighborhoods that are must-sees?

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 05:20 PM
CAF

You need to do a search here and you will get some great lists from past inquiries. CAF- Chicago Architectural Foundation has a couple dozen great tours. One goes down the Chicago River and is super for $21. Some more touristy ones go out into the Lake from Navy Pier. There are free shuttles between Grant Park, Navy Pier, River North and State St. Don't miss Buckingham Fountain and the Art Institute. It would take a lot more than a week to hit just a handful of the neighborhoods.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:02 PM
asf

I think food is the must-eat. Great restaurants in all neighborhoods and then look around before/during/after meal. Sushi, mexican, steak, seafood, etc. Go to some places with views, outdoor, music, etc. Some names that are don't miss: Frontera Grill in River North, Bob san in Wicker Park, Club Lucky in Bucktown. DON'T do any Lettuce Entertain You restaurant. Corporate crap.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 06:49 PM
jeanette

Just returned from Chicago and the best way to get the flavor is to walk to the area attractions or take the shuttle,get off and explore the area.Take the architectural cruise that leaves from Michigan Ave.. See the Sears tower early in the morning or wait at least 2 hours to see it, The Hancock building at night is a must see also.If you like tourists then its the Navy pier. Resturants and the ferris wheel where you can see Chicago. Museums are also in the area on the water.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 07:44 PM
Native Chicagoan

It all depends on your interests... but I'd certainly recommend hitting a Blues Club (Kingston Mines, Blues Etc., Buddy Guy's to name a few). The Air and Water show (Aug. 18/19) at North Ave Beach is kind of cool. Let's not forget the opportunity to see the Cubs play in one of their first winning seasons in about...... well, Wrigley Field is an experience in itself. There are a zillion great restaurants so name a type of food and you'll find something wonderful w/no problem! There's the touristy Museum Campus (Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry) and the touristy Navy Pier (live bands and fireworks every Wed. and Sat. night).

Hope that helps!