Must-see shows in Las Vegas?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 07:22 AM
Jack

Hi,
We plan to go to Las Vegas in Christmas season. This will be my 1st Las Vegas trip. I want to know what shows are must-see, except O, 'cause it's sold out already.

Thnx a lot!
Jack

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 09:47 AM
danny

jack,

don't go to see these vegas shows anymore. now all they are are variety shows and a big waste of 50+ bucks.

but you should see either blue man group, or cirque du soleil.

danny

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 09:49 AM
Rachel

Mystere (another Cirque show) is great. Sigfreid (sp?) and Roy's magic show is also pretty good. If David Copperfield is still around, he is another one to see.

Old Dec 7th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Lori

O (oh well too bad its sold out cuz its great)
Mystere
Danny Gans
EFX
Siegfried and Roy

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 09:36 AM
anna

If you're going to see EFX, check the tram stop at the MGM Grand and see if they still have the coupon books with the coupon for half off the later show. They had them in April. I liked EFX but it has received so-so reviews since David Cassidy left and Tommy Tune took over. And apparently the lady from the audience who remembers Tommy from dance school is a plant.

Old Dec 8th, 2000, 06:55 PM
David

Mystere is superb!

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 07:00 AM
LVLarry

Jubilee at Ballys.

Siegfried and Roy are through this Decemeber and will not be back.

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 01:18 PM
Jan

Jack
I highly recommend MYSTERE!!! EXCELLENT SHOW!! Worth the money. I hear that some people prefer MYSTERE over "O". We were not able to see "O" the last time we were in Vegas. It was sold out!! Be sure to get tickets for MYSTERE early, because this show sells out fast too!!
Have Fun!!

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 09:00 AM
B.

MYSTERE....we saw this last April and loved it....beautiful, spiritual, uplifting, and extremely entertaining!!!

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 10:19 AM
Lori

Siegfreid and Roy's contract with the Mirage ends December 31, 2001, and they will most likely not renew. You still have a year in which to see them.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 08:18 AM
Nathan

I use www.room12.com to find out what's happening in cities across the country. Definitely check out Blue Man Group and/or Cirque du Soleil. The rest are pretty much what you can expect from a Vegas show. Also, if you get time, head over to the Liberace Museum and Elvis-O-Rama - these campy museums are fun.

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 08:25 AM
Melissa

jack,
room12 is the best thing to happen to online travel in a long time. i don't travel anywhere without using their services!
oh, if you can, definitely go to the peppermill lounge for brunch (it's on las vegas boulevard south). have fun!

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 07:53 PM
Lori

My husband and I saw Mystere @ TI and thought it was AWESOME. Be sure to ask for a good view when you purchase your tickets- we found them very accomodating! Enjoy. We'll be there too.

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 07:29 PM
Jack

Thanks, all you guys!!