Search

Mt Rushmore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 10:40 AM
Suzy

Mt Rushmore

I was looking for a lodge type resort to stay while I will be in the area. My first choice was either Palmer Gulch or Spearfish Canyon but those are booked. Now I'm looking at Deadwood Gulch. Or should I just stay in Rapid city at the Radisson. I want something other than the run of the mill motel.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 10:43 AM
brian

i don't know if you like to camp or not, but custer state park has great camping sites with good services. plus it's right near rushmore, and it has a huge herd of bison and a prairie dog town that's worth checking out.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 10:56 AM
suzy

Thanks for the response and we do plan to drive through Custer State Park. However, we aren't campers. We're looking for a lodge/hotel with some character to it, not your typical motel. Thanks.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 08:25 PM
G. Kremer

We stayed at the Strutton Inn B&B in Custer, S. Dak. Absolutely DIVINE!!!

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 12:04 PM
Dr. Bitterpants

Well... something out of the ordinary lodge AND you will be at Custer at least one day...

Check out the lodges at Custer State Park. There are 4 -- count'em -- 4 to choose from depending on your tastes. Bluebell is the chuckwagon/hayrides/cabins type of place, and the State Game Lodge and Sylvan Lake Resort are the more expensive lodge style. I forget the forth one...

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Dr. Bitterpants

Forgot I flagged the website: here you are to look up lodging inside Custer State Park: www.custerresorts.com/