Reload this Page >

Another Sanibel ?, Beachview Cottages or Castaways

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 06:39 AM
Cheri

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but my husband is VERY picky and I don't want to end up staying in the wrong place. I looked at Beachview Cottages and Castaways on their websites and they look like charming places. It always scares me though when they don't show interior photographs (In the case of Beachview cottages). Has anyone stayed at either of these cottages in Sanibel and can comment on them? Thanks for helping!

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 08:18 AM
kwl

Beachview has very standard accomodations; not a lot of ammenities, but what you need. I don't know how much has changed in the past years (we stayed every year during the 80's). I would recommend calling to ask when the last refurbishments were done. It was a very relaxing place, and worked well for 3 families traveling together. I would compare it to a Ramada, Holiday Inn basic level.

FYI, we started going to the Sundial, and were much happier there with the same accomodations (bedrooms, kitchens). But, the cost is higher.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Cheri

Thanks for the info. Actually, I was able to get a LOWER rate at the Sundial through a discount hotel site. The least expensive Beachview unit is actually $ 20.00 more per night than the Sundial! Since you have stayed at the Sundial, can you tell me how it is? From the photos in the brochure and website IT looks like a Ramada or Holiday Inn. Is it nicer than that? Thanks, Cheri

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 11:04 AM
kwl

I thought the Sundial was very nice. The accomodations, the restaurants, the fact that there are other pools other than the main one. But, one thing that I understand could be a problem is that the units are separately owned and decorated. We lucked out and had a wonderfully decorated unit the first time and returned to that specific one each time (I wish I could remember which one it was). Some of the units are rented directly from the resort and others through a rental agency. That is the only risk. But, at the end of the day, I would still choose Sundial over Beachview b/c of all the amenities; just make sure you compare apples to apples b/c some of the Beachview units have kitchens/ettes and some don't and Sundial goes all the way from hotel rooms to 3 br. condos (what we stayed in). I hope I have answered your questions, and wish I could remember more, but it's been 4 years since I visited.

Enjoy Sanibel, it is one of my favorites!

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 11:26 AM
Cheri

Thanks again. I was looking at 1 bedroom units with full kitchens and sofabeds in the living rooms at both properties. We will be taking our 2 sons with us. I assume the Sundial caters more to children as well?

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 12:52 PM
kwl

I would definitely say Sundial caters more to kids. They have activities and a large main pool where all the families seem to congregate and the kids play together. At Beachview, it is mostly older adults and the kids have to play with themselves.

I would go with Sundial