Moving to Greensboro NC

Search

Moving to Greensboro NC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Greensboro NC

So I've lived in Orlando Fl the Majority of my life and Honestly I'm tired of living here.. it is to exspensive and although I was raised here, I do not want to raise my children here. Currently we are renting a 2b/2b apartment that is getting to be to small do to the fact my husband and I have 2 kids and one on the way. I believe its time for a house. But I also don't want to live anywhere with to much going on. I've heard NC is a quiet place to live. We're planning to save as much as we can until our lease is up to do a big out of the state move.

First question around how much money give or take do you guys recommend we save for the big move?

Also I was leaning towards Greensboro but, which city in NC do you guys recommend we raise our kids in? I was looking for a quiet, small place.

Your advice would be greatly appriciated.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 04:49 AM

I think you will find better answers on the city-data forums, it's all about re-locating and you will find a lot of locals on the forum who have first hand knowledge.

The link below is for North Carolina and there are sub-forums for each of the large cities including Greensboro. Lots of Luck.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 04:54 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
Here's a previous discussion, although Greensboro is not one of the towns listed -
http://www.fodors.com/community/unit...greenville.cfm
It may give you some ideas re NC
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 05:16 AM

What work do you do? Can you find employment?
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you guys. and no i do not work My Husband works at the airport here in in Orlando and is looking to transfer to the Greensboro airport.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 09:47 AM

I have lived all over the Southeast and in Florida. I will admit that I would have not made it in Orlando since there are way to many tourists. I did use to live in North Myrtle Beach and Charleston, SC but that is nothing like Orlando. I live in Greensboro and have settled down to stay. I have been here 7 years and going strong. We are large enough to have plenty to do without the traffic, and all the negative things that go along with larger metro areas. Born in Charlotte I prefer Greensboro. If you want I can send you info on Greensboro and all the surrounding areas.

Good luck in your move.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Larry. and yes can you please send me that information on Greensboro.

[email protected]
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 11:00 AM

GSO would likely not even make my top 10 & I reside in CLT. (I did essentially live in GSO for a little over a year while I contracted there) There are many suburbs in & around CLT that may fit your needs, or both Asheville & Wilmington have smaller Airports. There are several threads on here re: CLT - 'Burbs I would consider would be Belmont, Matthews, Davidson or places 'in town' like Elizabeth or Plaza-Midwood. The CMS website also provides a plethora of info re: schools. Everything from teacher experience to ethnic/racial make-up to scores on aptitude tests.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 01:35 PM

I grew up in Greensboro and, while it's not small, it's a great place for families.

You should contact the Chamber of Commerce for information about neighborhoods, schools, etc.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 02:03 PM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
IMO you'll really enjoy NC over FL.