Reload this Page >

Motels in Anchorage Alaska

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Mary Stierwalt

We will be traveling to Anchorage for a short trip in mid-July. I am looking for information as to what motel/s would be recommended by those who have been there. We will be using public transportation.

Old May 5th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Mom

Why motel?
How about B&B? Many very ineresting were recommended on this forum. Do the text search under "Anchorage accommodation."
You should book today as the most desirable places are already booked. Good luck and let us know. We are thinking about a visit in 2003

Old May 14th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Brenda

I have stayed at all of these properties. Used to work in Alaska and traveled to Anchorage frequently.

Near the airport:
Westcoast International
Courtyard By Marriott
Holiday-Inn Express
Millenium ( formerly Regal Alaskan)
Puffin Inn ( Heard they recently added a new building. Ask for this one. Older ones are not the best)
Executive Suites
All of the above offer shuttle service to and from the airport.

Downtown:
Clarion Suites
Hawthorne Inn
Westmark
Hilton
Voyager
Captain Cook
Sheraton

Winter rates are about half of summer rates, so you will be paying those high summer rates. ( generally 150-200 per night.) I am not sure about any of the B$B's in Anchorage but am sure there are web sites that can help. Maybe other posters know about better rates at them.

Old May 30th, 2002, 08:40 AM
Michelle

My husband and I are staying at By The Creek B&B. It is $85 a night in August, very close to the airport.
There are probably many other B&Bs available--I found this one on the website for Anchorage B&B Association.

Old May 30th, 2002, 06:39 PM
joan

A year ago we stayed at a B&B called "Sleeping Lady" in Anchorage. Fabulous hot breakfast, immaculate rooms, new custom-built home with 4 rental rooms, nicely decorated with Alaskan touches. I talked my non-B&B siblings and parents into it, and boy was I glad. Situated next to the lakeside railway and park, and walking distance to one of the best Anchorage restaurants too, the Glacier Brewhouse!

Here's the URL:
www.anchsleepingladybnb.com/