Reload this Page >

Motels at Clearwater

Search

Motels at Clearwater

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Keith

Motels at Clearwater

My fiance and I are looking for the perfect motel in Clearwater for our honeymoon. Could anyone make recommendations?

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 09:16 AM
lila

"Perfect Motel" for your "Honeymoon"?

Gee...how romantic!

If you are planning on staying at a motel because you're short on cash, don't give up that easily. You can stay at Courtyard by Marriott cheaply or use Priceline and get someplace nicer than a motel for the same or a better price.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:27 AM
keith

I preffer a motel over those "high traffic" hotels that treat people like garbage. From what I have seen through web browsing, there are a number of motels at clearwater right on the water. Many of the ones that I found have 1 bedroom with a den and kitchenette. I would rather be cozy and romantic then packed in. One persons idea of romantic is not mutual to everyone. Maybe I should have said "condo or efficiency apartment". Does anyone have experiences to share?

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:32 AM
cd

Keith
There's a big difference between a motel and a condo. Usually motels are described as such because rooms are accessible from an outdoor parking area. An example would be Motel 6. I have never been treated like garbage at any hotel I have stayed at, I'm sorry you have had a bad experience.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 12:50 PM
to

ttt

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Vince

Try hotels on Sand Key. Its located just over the bridge from Clearwater.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Dawn

Hello Keith, my husband, and two adult daugters stayed at the Belleview Biltmore Hotel a couple years ago. If you do a search right here on Fodor's you will see that it is a Fodor's choice. If you don't want a lot of traffic and would like to take a step back in history - this hotel has one - you would enjoy this lovely old hotel. It would be my pick on Clearwater for a perfect honeymoon place. Good luck.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 05:16 PM
susan

Clearwater or Clearwater Beach? They're separate towns. Several years ago I was looking for the "perfect" hotel in Clearwater and ended up at what is now the Biltmore (it had a different owner then). We were there in the middle of the summer and it was awful! There was literally nobody there. We went to dinner and came back hoping for an after-dinner drink but the bar was closed. So was everything else. I'm sure it's a lovely place in season, but I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy during the summer. We had reservations for 4 nights and checked out after one.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Melissa

Last year my husband and I stayed at the Barefoot Bay Resort in Clearwater Beach. I'm pretty picky when it comes to staying at hotels but this was suprisingly nice. I picked it because I thought the pictures were cute on the website. There are 3 different rooms to choose from and you can check it out at http://www.barefootbayresort.com
It's a very short walk to Clearwater Beach and all the restaurants. Definately worth it! If you have any other questions, let me know.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:44 PM
Jen

The Biltmore is really nice but I don't think Keith that is what you want. It is pretty upscale. The Beach Moorings are on Clearwater Beach and the owners are super nice - do a search for them on the web. Just a thought.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 04:29 AM
JAM

Fodor's "Buyers Beware"!

You want a good laugh? Take a look at the "5 star rooms" at Barefoot Bay Resort. Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton, watch out!http://www.barefootbayresort.com/beautiful_rooms3.htm

Belleview Biltmore isn't in Clearwater Beach, but Clearwater. You'd have to drive to get there and the person who thinks it is upscale is recommending a $50/night motel, Beach Moorings, for your honeymoon. Geez!! It could be a short marriage.

Sheraton or Radisson Sand Key are your nicest choices in CWB.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Melissa

JAM-
Keith asked for a MOTEL in Clearwater. Don't bother replying if you don't have anything nice to say!

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 05:49 AM
JAM

Melissa:

One person's trash is another's treasure.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 11:05 AM
gill

How about St Petes Beach - we have found a lovely motel - Scorpio Bayside Motel - lovely rooms - very romantic -
have a look at their website. www.scorpiobayside.com.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 12:15 PM
ngordon

A local "outted" Scorpio Bayside a month or so ago. It is not on the beach and isn't near it. You can't get there unless you get in your car and drive.

Sifting through these sorts of junk recommendations is what makes Fodors practically useless, unless you are willing to do lots of homework.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 01:18 PM
cd

I keep coming back to this thread to see what Keith (original poster) replies to. So far, nothing. I have found this true in the majority of posts. What do you guys think? Do people ask questions and then never come back for the answers? OR do they just not bother with a response?

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Jen

I would be happy to recommend a lot of different HOtels to Keith but the request was a motel in Clearwater.

Would I want to spend my honeymoon at Beach Moorings? Hmm no but just giving options.