Most centrally located hotel in LA?

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:14 AM
LA

Most centrally located hotel in LA?

Can someone tell me which hotel would be the most centrally located hotel in LA? I plan on going to a taping of The Tonight Show, Sunset Strip, Stars ect... I coming from a 2 week honeymoon in Tahiti, so I don't care about being near the beach. Also, I prefer 4-5 star hotels.
Thanks

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Merilee

Chateau Marmont is a very nice hotel and it's right on Sunset Blvd. near lots of shops, clubs, and restaurants such as The Laugh Factory, Comedy Club, and House of Blues. Although celebrity sighting posts seem to incite near riots on this board, I will tell you that some of the best places for this sort of thing are Gelson's Market on Sunset Blvd. in Pacific Palisades and Cooke's Family Market in Malibu's Point Dume area. The Beverly Center (mall) on Beverly Blvd. is also a good bet.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 07:56 AM
michele

From your itinerary I'd also check the Hollywood Roosevelt, right across the street from Grauman's Chinese, not far from the strip, the new Hollywood Millenium,or The Standard on Sunset. Second the Marmont--very atmospheric place. Lots of character...

M.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:07 AM
SEW

You might want to try the Renaissance in Hollywood. It's good access to dining and the 101 freeway. Otherwise the Roosevelt would be good.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 08:43 AM
michele

oops..I meant the Renaissance, not Millenium. Very good freeway access and right in H-wood.

Old Oct 11th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Woody

You will find some information on both the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel and the Renaissance Hollywood Hotel at the thread "Seating/Producers at the Pantages Los Angeles"

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Carolyn

I think hollywood is gross and unsafe and would never stay there. I live in Southern Cal. Wyndham BelAge in West Hollywood is pretty convenient and central. Lots of production crew and music bus. stay there. The W in Westwood is a very hip place to stay at the moment. I like the W better than the St. Regis. If money is no object stay at the Penninsula or the Four Seasons. Don't worry about being close to the tonight show. It is "over the hill" in the valley and you don't want to stay there. It's 1/2 hr drive from the hotels I mentioned, of course depending on traffic.