Search

Molokai day trip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Molokai day trip

I will be spending a week in Maui (following a week on the Big Island), is a day trip to Molokai worthwhile? Note, if I go, I will not be able to do the mule ride down to Kalaupapa, due to a bad back.
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 10:33 PM

I did a day trip, by boat, out of Lahaina to both Molokai and Lahaina, and loved every bit of it. I found it totally worthwhile, if nothing more than just to see the underdeveloped side of Hawaii.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 03:54 AM

We did a day trip to Molokai in Dec. We really enjoyed it. One word of caution; the ferry ride over can get very rough, so if you are at all prone to seasickness, you may want to reconsider this trip. Several people were ill on both the ride over and the ride back.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 12:24 PM

My wife and I did the ferry trip/rental car day trip package from Lahaina, early last April. We had to keep moving, wanting to see the main points of interest, and got all the way from the west end, almost to the far east end, before running out of time. We will go back, and spend some time there (like 4 or 5 days), though it is a pretty quiet place, by most standards. But this is big part of the attraction, to us. How many other places can you easily get to, and have a beautiful tropical beach, all to yourself? As for the ferry ride, we had a couple sick passengers, but most were OK. If seasick prone, you could take the usual medications. But go, its worth it!
Old Feb 21st, 2006, 08:02 AM

We did the mule ride to Kaulapapa and really felt that it was more than worth while. If you can go on the mule, there are tours that fly you in and out of the pennisula. You may want to consider that.