Mobility Issues: Zoo and Whale Watching in San Diego

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2023, 06:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We live on the east coast and my father has expressed an interest in going to San Diego again.

My elderly father has mobility issues. He uses a cane and walking for any length of time is painful. He can walk for a few blocks, but then will need to sit and rest.

I was looking into the Kangaroo Bus at the San Diego Zoo and wondered if this might work for us. I realize we would not see the entire zoo, but could probably see enough to feel like we got our money’s worth. Would there be a place for him to sit and look at animals shortly after getting off the bus while I walked a little further away to see something nearby?

He also loves boats and Whale Watching is on my bucket list. Are there any Whale Watching cruises/companies that might be good for someone with mobility issues? I am looking for something more like a cruise-ship with a ramp or stairs than a small inflatable boat that you climb into or out of.

Thanks to anyone who can help.