Moana Surfrider - which room?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upcoming stay in a couple of weeks at the Westin Moana Surfrider, just wondering which is the pick of the rooms to stay in? The ones I have reserved are Oceanfront Banyan room (no balcony), Diamond Oceanview with balcony, and Tower Oceanview. Any comments from anyone who has stayed there recently and inspected these rooms? Thanks!
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 04:56 AM

Last September I stayed in a Tower Oceanview at the Moana Surfrider. Like you, I agonised over the room choice but was extremely happy in the end.

The Tower Oceanview rooms look towards Diamond Head and have fantastic views (this was ours http://www.worldisround.com/articles/337098/photo9.html). The tower rooms are very nice and the beds are really comfortable. These rooms do have a spacious lanai.

The Diamond Oceanview rooms are closer to the ocean and face it head on. I didn't go in a room though.

The Banyan wing was closed whilst we were there (renovation) but personally I need a lanai in Hawaii so it wasn't an option for us anyway.

In the end I think I would have been happy with either the tower or diamond wing room.

What I do reccommend is joining the SPG program as I think it helped us get one of the best rooms in the tower.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM

We have stayed in the Diamond Oceanview rooms. The balconies are small but great view. You can't get any closer to the waves.

The hotel is beautiful. But being right on the ocean it takes on the dampness wear and tear that all oceanfront places have.

I would not stay in another hotel in Waikiki. The Surfrider is wonderful.
Old Mar 9th, 2008, 08:21 AM

Definitely the Diamond Head Oceanview tower room with balcony is the one to get. I have stayed there several times and been to many a party at the hotel and of the rooms you mention this is the one to stay in.

Now if you were interested in the suites thats another story....

Enjoy your stay!

Aloha!
Old Mar 11th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your 2 cents. I've booked into a Tower Partial Oceanview and waitlisted for an Oceanview pending availability. Thanks again and have a great day.