Search

Moab Springs Ranch

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moab Springs Ranch

Although close to the highway, it's also close to town. Anyone else lodged there? I made our reservations/deposit since places were filling up. I usually take a lot more time to plan a trip, but this is last-minute, at least for us. I think someone on this forum (I think Dayle if memory serves) suggested Desert Pearl when we went to Zion about three years ago, and we thought it was pretty perfect. We decided to stay in Moab the whole week, and don't want to change lodging. Any thoughts?
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 07:10 AM

Claire,

I have stayed at these condos myself, but friends have and they say they are nice. A condo is a condo though.

The restaurant in the old house in front is the best in town - the Desert Cafe - make res in advance, not cheap, but excellent. You can dine outside in the warm nights which is great.

This location is not walking distance to the rest of "downtown" Moab where most of the other restaurants and funky little shops are located, but it's fine. A bit closer to Arches.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

The photos of MSR with the cool light fixtures and high ceilings (plus the red rock of course) kind of reminded me of DPI. We stayed in what were new suites facing the mountain/stream, and I can't say enough about how lovely it was there, w/real craftsmanship, in town, w/a shuttle bus into the park right out front. Well, that whole trip was just a really great time. We had never hiked in canyons, and I love to try something new like that.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

We did want to stay in town, but we need three bedrooms and a lot of places were booked.
Old Mar 18th, 2012, 06:57 PM

Try the Cottonwood Condos. Much closer to town (actually in town) and much quieter than the ones you booked. The Spring Ranch ones are nice but on different levels--the Cottonwood condos are all one level and they have an indoor pool if anybody wanted that. Just google them--different property management groups rent them out. The restaurant at MSR is totally worth it!
Old Mar 19th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Cottonwood Condos do look really nice and right in town. I should have asked on here before I made a reservation. There's a 10% cancellation fee at MSR.