Mining Camp Restaurant

Search

Mining Camp Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2006, 07:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mining Camp Restaurant

I have been told to eat at the Mining Camp it is great and I have been told don't eat at the Mining Camp it isn't worth the money. Do any of you have thoughts about this restaurant?
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 07:57 AM

The only thought I've had about it so far is, "Where is it?"
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, It is located on Mining Camp Road in Apache Junction.
Old Jan 26th, 2006, 01:19 PM

it's been several years since I have eaten there but I enjoyed it the couple of times I did. It is a big, family style restaurant (where everyone sits at large tables and shares food from the platters). It is ordinary food, nothing great. Excellent location at the base of the Superstition Mountains.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 08:14 AM

The Mining Camp is part of the essence of the Superstition Mountain foothill area, or at least it has been up until now. People building homes in the vacinity of the restaurant are trying to shut it down (re: noise, traffic and lights)...the result has been an earlier closing time, less selection in menu choices and of course the impediment of the mountain view caused by the horrific building of those very same complainers. The food is not, never has been, gourmet. However, it's flavor is true mining camp, and portions are exactly the size YOU want them to be. That fact hasn't changed in decades.... but it may soon.
Old Feb 12th, 2006, 06:15 AM

The best recommendation I can give is if you are coming back from a drive on the Apache Trail or the Dolly Steamboat on Canyon Lake and you are hungry, it wouldn't hurt you to stop. It's decent food, predictable, and the kids may get a thrill from all of the "western" junk they sell in the gift shop.
I would not go out of my way to eat there. About 20 years ago it was fun because it seemed like you were really going far to eat in an unusual atmosphere. Now it seems tired and silly in the middle of all of the development around it.