kichwa tembo bataleur or tented?

Feb 12th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Original Poster

kichwa tembo bataleur or tented?

My girlfriend and I are going to africa in october and planning to spend 3 nights in masi mara. we are planning on staying at kichwa tembo. It sounds like bataleur is much nicer than the tented camp but is the experience that much different than the tented camp? What would the fodorites recommend. What about 2 days in the tented camp and a day next door at bataleur?? We wanted some kind of tented experience thought we would stay with CCA as we already are going to londolozi.

Your thoughts and comments would be much appreciated

jonathon
Feb 12th, 2006, 07:55 PM
santharamhari

Jonathan,

There is a huge difference between the tented and the Batleur......i stayed at the Batleur in 2001.....fantastic tents and personalized service.

Now the difference.....there are only 8 tents (i think!) in the Batleur and you have a personal butler etc etc.,

In terms of the game viewing, is probably the same.......as you have to go into the same areas in the reserve anyway......

I say, if you feel like a splurge go for the Batleur all 3 nights.....

Feb 13th, 2006, 06:13 AM
sandi

The price difference would be the determining factor. Bateleur will easily be twice the cost of the KW Camp. Bateleur is small, where KW/Tents is about 40. Only you can decide.

Feb 13th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

thanks for your thoughts.

jonathon
Feb 13th, 2006, 12:44 PM

I cannot say enough about the level of personalization at Bateleur.

They remember what drinks you prefer (meal preferences go without saying). I thought the chef was excellent, and I don't know if he just happened to make what I like, or if the menu was really that specialized. They even went out of their way one night to set up a barbecue in the bush. I was a bit worried initially about having my back turned to the great (and very wild) outdoors, but I had nothing to fear.

It may not be fair to compare this camp with other larger camps, but I liked this camp the best of all the places we stayed (Kirawira, Tortilis, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge...)
Feb 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM

Hello,

I'd go with Bateleur.

Cheers,
Julian

Search this Thread