Millers Creek, North Carolina

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2003, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am traveling to North Carolina in July. My husband and I have never been to North Carolina. Actually we are going there to pick up a puppy that we are purchasing. The breeder is located in Millers Creek, North Carolina. Has anyone ever been to Millers Creek and if so what is a nice place to stay there?
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 01:25 PM

According to Yahoo Maps, Millers Creek is 61 miles from Winston-Salem, 31 miles from Boone, and 108 miles from Asheville. The community of Millers Creek itself is outside the small towns of Wilkesboro and North Wilkesboro. I've never heard much about either of those places, but I'm sure if you looked them up online you might find if they're worth spending some time in.

However, if you were to head off to any of the three other places I mentioned, there's lots to see and do in each one, especially Asheville, and it would make a darn fine vacation, I think, if you were to spend some time in any of them before heading over to Millers Creek to get your puppy.

Winston-Salem, meanwhile, has lots of historic and artistic things to see, including a very unique restored 18th Century Moravian village that has been expertly restored, some terrific museums, and some interesting neighborhoods, plus it's near Greensboro, a city that is always, no matter where you read about it, described as "pleasant," so I imagine there are some things worth seeing there as well. I know Greensboro has park commemorating the site of a Revolutionary War Battle, as well as some nice museums and public art.

Boone is in the high mountains, in extreme northern North Carolina, near the Virginia and Tennessee lines. Boone, as well as nearby towns like Blowing Rock and Banner Elk attract lots of tourists, but I've personally never been there.

And Asheville... the Paris of the South, loveliest city in North Carolina, a delight in nearly ever way, from the architecture to the art to the beautiful natural scenery to the nightlife to the restaurants to the museums to the mansions to the neighborhoods to the hippies to the galleries... I could go on and on and on, and so could most other people who have visited or those like me who live here. It's the greatest city in NC, bar none. A search on here will turn up scads of info on Asheville.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 04:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your help. Your information has been very very helpful. I look forward to visiting North Carolina and the information you have procvided has definately hellped. Thanks again.
Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 05:12 AM

Asheville is indeed lovely, if you never been.

But more importantly...what kind of puppy? I picked up my Doberman from a breeder somewhere in the boonies of Western NC and it was one of the best things I ever did.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

I am getting a american eskimo from a breeder there (Millers Creek). They go by the name of Rini's Eskies. I can't wait. I should be going some time in July. Thanks.