Millbridge ME area

Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 03:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Millbridge ME area

We will be visiting the Millbridge, Maine area later this summer. Please recommend sights to see and restaurants in the area. We have tickets booked for Cadillac mountain but we would like explore other areas of Maine since we’ve been to Acadia before. Thank you!
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 10:12 AM

That's a very small town of about 1400 residents, I think there's only one restaurant , standard American serving steaks and local seafood and burgers. And there's a seafood market at the wharf if you have cooking facilities at your rental.

There's a national wildllife refuge area about ten minutes down the peninsula. I think someone opened a winery about 10 mins in the other direction. Winter Harbor where Martha Stewart lives would be a nice afternoon drive from Milbridge, there are a couple of restaurants there.

Schoodic Beach, lakeside swimming between two mountains with hiking trails towards each mountain, is a great spot for a day trip, But you have to hike into the (hidden) beach, about a mile.

Old Jun 26th, 2021, 03:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! Schoodic Beach sounds perfect.
Old Jun 28th, 2021, 11:50 AM

Very late July into August is blueberry season. I'm not sure how the summer heat wave is effecting this year's crop but the first week of August there is usually a blueberry festival in the Cherryfield area not far from Milbridge, several farms open up for tours and u-pick blueberres.
Spring River Lake is another little beach that you would enjoy with mtn hiking all around, swimming and a great spot to kayak or canoe if you can find a rental place near Milbridge. The only rental place I know of is in Winter Harbor which would mean a 25 min drive from Milbridge to Winter Harbor and then a 40 min drive from there up to Spring River Lake. But if you just want to swim and hike, Spring River Lake is a quick 20 min drive from Milbridge and on the way back you can stop at the Winery (closed Mon Tues).