COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Miami Restaurants

Old Nov 7th, 2004, 11:55 AM
Original Poster

Miami Restaurants

Will be traveling to Miami in January and would like to have dinner someplace memorable with GREAT food! Thinking of Chef Allen's, Azul's, Normans, etc. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 05:21 AM
GoTravel

Azuls and Wish are both excellent. My favorite is The Forge.

Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

GoTravel-Thanks for your "only"
feedback. I guess no one dines in Miami much, haha. Not getting very many replies for this post.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:34 AM

This topic has come up many times-- I for one have listed my favorites in several posts (Wish is my current fave-- but it's VERY pricey). I would search the Forum with the keywords "Miami restaurants" and you should get quite a few hits. The dining scene there is fluid, but the "Best of" lists always have those same places-- Azul, Wish, The Forge, Norman's, etc.
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:35 AM
GoTravel

Gail, have you done a Miami search? We always eat at the same places. Davids II is great for Cuban. I'm not a fan of Versailles but other people really like it.

Old Nov 8th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Original Poster

I also checked ZAGAT online, and Chef Allen's is coming up #1 for food, but I read a really NEGATIVE review on Fodors website about this restaurant.... I'm leaning more towards AZUL because we will be staying at the Madarin Oriental pre-cruise so it might be convenient. Will check out WISH and the FORGE too. Thanks!