Miami Car Rental

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Anthony

Miami Car Rental

I am trying to book a reasonably priced car rental for Christmas day (staying two weeks). I have found this to be a close to impossible task. Any suggestions?

I did get some good quotes from two rental agencies that I never heard of - EZ Rent A
Car and Rent Rite. Has anyone ever dealt with these places out of Miami?

Thanks!

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 12:05 PM
carol

Yes, we have delt with Rent Rite. Last Feb. - Great deal however, our plane was late and we arrived at midnight. It took forever for a van to come and get us. When we finally were picked up we waited in line for an hour just to sign our lives away. By then it was 1:15AM, now we are exhausted - well - they were out of the car that we requested, they upgraded us free. This was OK. We got our rest that night got up bright and early next AM, parked the car on side street near the convention center (boat show)and when we cam out of the show 6pm someone broke into the car popped the trunk open stole everything in the trunk.

PS We have insurance, however almost a year later Rent Rite is still sending us a bill for the broken lock on the passengers side where the thief broke in. They won't leave us alone. Moral to the story - don't use Rent Rite and park in a parking lot in Miami.

We are using Alamo this year. We are also going at Christmas, but booked three months ago. Do not expect cheap rates, they are not out there. Try Expedia.com Good luck

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 01:21 PM
Cindy

We have an excellent rate with Budget using SmarterLiving.com - but we have had it for a while, too. Visit all the rental cars websites and keep checking until the last minute. Sometimes you can snag something really late.

Old Dec 10th, 2001, 04:51 PM
Anthony

Thank you both.

I just booked one week with Royal and I am now trying to do the second week with someone. I found that if I split up the vacation, I can get a better rate for the second week when the holidays are over. Anyone else have a suggestion (good or bad) about local car rental places in Miami?

Old Feb 21st, 2003, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am presently booked with royal rent a car, the site says they have a counter inside the terminal. Has anyone ever used this company, good or bad experiences; advice on renting a car or not in miami, we will be spending 2 nights pre-cruise, we are staying at the doubletree galleria in fort lauderdale and our cruise leaves out of miami, we also want to visit the sawgrass outlets
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
topping