Metro map?

Feb 16th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Donna

Metro map?

Is there somewhere I can find a map about the Metro? I'm the one that has written before that has relatives coming from Italy. I would like to have a sense of the Metro,(how much, what line to take to what stop) before we get there. Thanks. Donna

Feb 16th, 2002, 11:57 AM
Donna

Sorry, this is for Washington DC, that I need it. Thanks.

Feb 16th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Reisa

try www.wmata.com

Feb 16th, 2002, 12:17 PM
mimi taylor

There is a little book caled Paris by Arrondissement, that shows by map and index where the stops are and what section of the street. Any travel bookstore should stock them. Here in Cambridge, we have The Globe Travel store. They do have a web site.

Feb 16th, 2002, 12:39 PM
xxx

Mimi, if you had bothered to read the rest of Donna's request, you'd have seen that she added Washington, D.C. I doubt if the Paris maps include this information.
On the other hand, Donna, it would have been nice for you to include that information in your actual title.

Feb 16th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Al Godon

Yeah. You tell 'em multi x. (Where x = strabismical). Set 'em straight.
You linguistic bumblers out there better get the message: Do it right or don't do it at all. Shape up or ship out.

Only sane, intelligent, well mannered, highly couth, well dressed, elegant, and educuated posters are allowed. Any individuals who deviate from the established rules of moral conduct, oxymoronic interjection, contrapuntal dignity, punctilious punctuation, syntax formulation, subject matter selection, and multi syllabic word length, as secretly decreed both pre and post facto by the x eyed Pontificating Poster Police, will be dealt with summarily if not sooner.

There is too much clutter on this forum and x eyed is self appointed to clean up it up and make it conform to the normal rules of stylistic grace, compositional elegance, and turpitude, both moral and immoral.

Anyone detected incorrectly turpituding will be publically defenestrated and listed on Travel Babble, er ah Talk, before being sent to a literary Afganistan.

Feb 16th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Bob Brown

Here is the Internet location of a DC Metro map.
http://www.wmata.com/metrorail/systemmap.htm

Feb 16th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Donna

For those of you that answered or tried to answer my question, thank you very much.
It is a shame that people can't just be nice on these boards without being sarcastic isn't it? But then again, the ones that find enjoyment by being that way must not have much of a life if that is the way they get their enjoyment.

Feb 21st, 2002, 09:28 AM
r-travels

You can order printed system maps, as well as purchasing tickets at
http://wmata.com/timetables/MDsched.htm and there are no surcharges or postage fees. System maps are $1.50. I suggest the "Station Masters" book for $7.95 - "This handy paperback reference book is a comprehensive guide to the Metrorail station neighborhoods with maps for each station and an index to museums, parks, theaters, hotels, government buildings and other points of interest." If you "click around" you can find free downloadable maps too.

Search this Thread