Mendocino lodging recommendations

Old Jul 21st, 2008, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mendocino lodging recommendations

My husband and I are thinking about going up to Mendocino for my birthday in early November. He's never been there and I haven't been in a really long time. We used to go to that area quite a lot when I was a kid, but I've never gone back as an adult.

The plan would be to go up on a Friday afternoon and come home on Sunday or Monday - so just a quick weekend trip, 2-3 nights. No big plans while we were there - relax, hang out, wander around a bit, eat some good food, drink some good beer and wine.

So I am looking lodging recommendations - the budget is $200/night or less. A laid back place where we can relax - small inn, cottage, B&B with nice grounds, ocean view even better, of course. Fireplace in the room and a porch, deck, or balcony would be definite pluses. It would also be nice to have restaurants and/or pubs within walking distance.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 10:51 AM

I don't know if their rates would be in your budget, but since you're going in the off-season, I'd look into the Albion River Inn south of Mendocino. They have ocean view rooms with fireplaces and decks, and the restaurant at the Inn is pretty good.
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 12:59 PM

If I were you, I'd go on a Sunday Monday and Tuesday and save a ton of money:
http://www.luxurylink.com/luxury-hot...tml?pid=108164

We have been to Mendocino 4 times and used Luxyury Link for the Barn Suite at MacCallum house with HUGE room, personal hot tub, sauna in bathroom, fireplace, gourmet breakfasts, one dinner and complimentary drinks. All for less around 200 a night! We also stayed at the Brewery Gulch with Luxury Link dirt cheap Tuesday through Thursday.

That said, our favorite stay in Mendo was at Alegria in the Cove Cottage. It has its own path to the cove and is uber secluded and charming. Beautiful grounds with a big hot tub feet from your door. Nice little romantic deck and an old fashioned stove in the room. Great breakfast and lovely innkeepers. They run a special in November.. a little over your budget, but the most romantic place in Mendo!
http://www.oceanfrontmagic.com/cc.lasso#rooms
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 01:27 PM

here's a second on the Albion River Inn if it's within your budget.
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely check them out.

I'd love to go Sunday-Tuesday, the only problem is that little thing called earning a living We have to be careful not to spend too many of our vacation days on small trips throughout the year - otherwise we wont have enough left over to leave the country
Old Jul 21st, 2008, 02:24 PM

One more thing...if you stay 3 nights, the room goes down to $189!! Be sure to click on the room pic and see that rate and book asap. The thing I loved about Alegria is that you can walk to the restaurants in town at night, no driving. Do take a pocket flashlight, though! I have a little "golist" I wrote for Trip Advisor. You might find some things helpful.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDet...third_and.html