May Travel

Aug 18th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

May Travel

I have the opportunity to vacation for 2 weeks in May. Any recommendations as to where to travel? Thanks!
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:05 PM

California, Florida, or Alaska would be great. We went to Alaska last May and it was the perfect time to go. If you decide to go to Alaska, book quickly--a lot of places book up fast, as much as 7 months in advance.
Aug 18th, 2003, 01:23 PM

We went to New Orleans in May a couple years ago and the weather was great.
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:00 PM

Anywhere in the continental US (and Hawai'i) in the last two months of May should have wonderful (well, at least bearable) weather. That gets you into the Memorial Day weekend madness, so take that into consideration.

If you have even an inkling of hitting New Orleans or Florida destinations (for example), this is the best time to do it. The weather in my state (California) will be all over the map (ha ha ha)-- it could be gorgeous and toasty in Los Angeles, or cool and under early "June gloom" (coastal overcast conditions), and San Francisco could be awash in fog or clear and warm. But there's a lot to do, regardless of the weather.

New York City, of course, is always worthy of a visit. But how about gorgeous Boston? Or Philadelphia? Or, crossing the border, Montréal or Toronto?
Aug 18th, 2003, 02:03 PM

"...last two months?!" Last two weeks!! Duhhh.....
Aug 18th, 2003, 07:51 PM

Southern California (LA or San Diego) San Francisco is too cold and kind of grimy. My first choice would be New York City. I also like Philadelphia and Chicago.
Aug 19th, 2003, 06:53 AM

What do you like to do on vacation?

Utahtea
Aug 19th, 2003, 12:20 PM

BOston can be very cool and rainy in May. I would not recommend it unless you like that kind of rain. Having said that it can go from 50 to 90 overnight but that is unusual. usually it is cool. I would go somewhere further south, maybe dc or virginia.

Search this Thread