Just returned from NOLA

Search

Just returned from NOLA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2007, 06:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just returned from NOLA

We just returned yesterday and had a fantastic time in NOLA! The city has progressed so much in the past year - it was wonderful to see more shops opened up, hear more donkey hooves and see lots of people out wandering the Quarter. Granted it was the Tulane/LSU weekend, but it still shows so much improvement over last September! We were amazed at how clean SDT keeps the streets now - what a change from the past.

Since my other half was using a cane I did a lot of walking around by myself. Granted it was pretty much limited to between 7 AM and 7 PM, but I'm only 5' tall and never did feel uncomfortable or threatened.

We're ready to go back already!!
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 01:48 PM

Glad you had a good trip. It is nice to see the progress in New Orleans - at least in some areas.

When we were there a few months ago, we had a great time too.
Old Sep 30th, 2007, 02:23 PM

How was the weather?
Old Oct 1st, 2007, 03:39 AM
Original Poster

MelissaHI: The weather was great - it was in the mid to high 80's with medium high humidity but we've had a pretty hot and sticky summer here in Ohio this year so it wasn't anything unusual to us. Besides, it made sitting outside "people watching" really easy!
Old Oct 1st, 2007, 09:01 AM

Thanks! I'm headed there in less than 2 weeks and was a little concerned about safety, closures, weather, etc. Granted, I'm there mostly for a conference, but we do have free time!
Old Oct 1st, 2007, 10:39 AM

I wouldn't be overly concerned about safety - just normal precautions. As for closures, when we were there in June, just about every place we wanted to go was open. The Baureguard-Keyes house was closed for repairs, the St Charles streetcar wasn't running, and a guided bike tour company that we heard good things about had not reopened. I believe those were the only closures that impacted us as tourists.
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 05:48 PM

About the weather: Weather has been nice. The extreme heat of summer has passed, but we're still waiting for our first cold front which usually happens in October and cools us to the low 80s from the upper 80s.