maui westin or sheraton?

Search

maui westin or sheraton?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maui westin or sheraton?

i will be using starwood points and can stay at either the maui westin or sheraton. My wife and I will be going this October for 1 week with our then 21 month old boy.

With exact points to be used for either hotel, which property do you suggest we stay at and why?

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 04:28 PM

If you want the resort with the better beach area, I would choose the Sheraton. We also liked the pool at the Sheraton, has sort of like a lazy river going along the outside of the pool. We were upgraded at the Sheraton to an ocean front room on Black Rock, which was a pleasant surprise. The room was large and had a fridge, microwave and lots of storage. Another benefit to the Sheraton is that it has laundry facilities.

The Westin looks very nice also. It is smaller and has very little beachfront. One disadvantage of the Sheraton is that it is very spread out and can get tiresome to get around if you need to go back and forth to your room a lot (not sure how your son will be...).

Good luck with your choice, you will not be disappointed with either property.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 07:33 AM

We stayed at the Westin last year and very much enjoyed it. I think you will be happy with either choice.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 08:57 AM
DB1

Two of the best Hotel's on Ka'anapali in my opinion. I prefer the Westin myself, for the shorter walking distances within the resort & to the nearby Whaler's village. That aside, the Westin is more awe inspiring with a great pool complex, whereas the Sheraton is more low-key with the best beach location (Black Rock), and seems less crowded.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 10:12 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton and loved it (and we had just come from three nights at the Four Seasons where we got married). I think your son would really enjoy their pool. There's also great snorkeling right off the beach! I don't know how the Westin compares but we really enjoyed the Sheraton.
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 02:07 PM

The Westin's rooms are small, but it shouldn't be a problem with just the 3 of you. My nieces and nephews love the pool at the Westin but they are older than your child and are big enough to go down the slide by themselves. Tasha's right, the pool at the Sheraton seems to meander on for ever. One thing you might want to check into is that Starwood has their "stay at one, play at all" policy still intact. You can stay at the Sheraton and use the pool at the Westin or the Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas and get get their meal-deals at the any of the those resorts too. Anyway, you want to work it, you can use all 3 properties.