Reload this Page >

Maui Wedding-Which hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 05:33 PM
K Peters

My fiance and I are planning on getting married next year in Maui and are trying to decide between the Four Seasons and Grand Wailea. Which do you recommend? We are in our late 20's and would like to go somewhere fun but without too many kids! Our family will be going as well... Thoughts/recommendations?? Thanks!

Old Jul 16th, 2000, 08:31 PM
Lani

For less kids, you'll want the Four Seasons, I think. Best of luck with your planing!

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 12:23 PM
amy

My husband and I just got back from the Grand Wailea on our anniversary trip and both agreed if we could have done it again we would have gotten married at the Grand Wailea. They have a beautiful wedding chapel with stained glass from floor to ceiling and it is right on the water. There were at least 20 weddings there during the week and they rang the chapel bell everytime a couple completed their vows. The picture opportunities on the grounds are just incredible as well. As far a kids, though the pools have a ton of water slides and everything, we sat at the adult pool which is out of the way. We met a ton of honeymoon couples and all of us commented that though they may be a lot of kids at the hotel they were not very noticeable. Anyway, as you can tell, my vote is the Grand Wailea. Any questions let me know. Good Luck

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 03:41 PM
Debbie Valencia

For as many times as I have given this answer, I should at least be getting a percentage of the take when it comes time to pay for the weddings. One answer, one right answer, the only answer, The Ritz Carlton Kapalua. They have a chapel that holds about 30 people built by the natives about 100 or so years ago on the grounds of the hotel right at the foot of the ocean that is perfect right before sunset all aglow with candles only, the native ceremony is so romantic and genuine. My sister is the PR director, formerly the wedding coordinator, there. She got married in October 1999 in that same church, carried to the chapel with my father in a horse drawn carriage, then the wedding pictures right there in front of the sunset, she put together a professional video of the entire event (she is degreed in directing, producing, etc. and works for the Travel Channel on Maui as well. It is a fairy tale wedding, you will not regret the choice. If you are interested, I have a copy of her wedding video. It is something right off of the wedding coordinator's fairy tale videos. You will be stumped if you even think you could out do that event. However, you would have a beautiful wedding as well, but just forget about the other places, the Ritz my dear, the Ritz.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 09:07 AM
Amy

Just a comment on the Ritz from my personal experience. Due to it's location it does tend to be windier and cooler. I went to a wedding there last year and it was so windy they had problems taking the pictures outside because the bride's and bridesmaid's dresses and hair were flying everywhere. Just a heads up.

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 03:13 PM
Gary

Just came back from Maui. We stayed at the Ritz, which was magnificent. However, the other poster is right, Kapalua Bay area has much more wind. It does tend to make staying out by the pool/ocean easier, since it is cooler, but could get in the way of a wedding. We visited both 4 Seasons and Grand Wailea. I would go with 4 Seasons if those are your choices. More elegant, less kids.

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 04:03 PM
K. Peters

Thanks for all of your help! It helps make my decision a lot easier!!