Search

Maui Wedding

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2004, 01:33 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui Wedding

My fiancee and I are eloping (kinda) and are getting married in Wailea on the beach. We are having someone help us with the details down there, and we will have the chance to "scout" out a couple of different locations, but was wondering if there are any great recommendations for beautiful beaches to have a sunset wedding...

Plan is to fly in and stay somewhere on the west side for the first three days, then stay at the Renaissance for the wedding day and next three nights. Any recommendations on a nice small B&B type place in Kapalua/ Kanapali area the first couple of nights?

Thanks!
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 05:56 PM

We were just at Kapalua and saw a couple have a small wedding right on the grounds of Kapalua Bay Hotel. KBH has a nice restaurant Bay Club for a romantic meal, lanai seating close (above) the beach. They've updated their website and have a Wedding/Romance section. Kapalua Bay is not busy, especially early in the morning, so your wedding will be private. Congrats!
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 06:02 PM

Getting married is not about sunsets and beaches and beautiful settings. Does anyone have any stats on the longevity or people getting married on the beach versus people getting married in a church?
Old Mar 5th, 2004, 10:50 PM

Rusty- Getting married is obviously not just about the setting, but the setting is a major part of the wedding. If not, everyone would get married in church offices or at city hall!
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Original Poster

Rusty,
Thanks for your input on the longevity that my wife and I will have. I'm sorry that our choice of location does not meet your expectations.

For all others, thanks for your positive input!
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 06:15 PM

Patrick,

We just got married on Kapalua beach this last St Patty's day, and it was fantastic. According to our families, there were two other weddings nearby at the time, but:
A) the area was large enough to keep us all out of each others' photos
B) St Pat's was a really popular day per our wedding coordinator, despite being a Wednesday
C) I didn't really know there was anyone else on the beach but her at the time, to be honest.

*Anywhere* will be beautiful, which is good if the variable weather suggests you move somewhere else. Despite this, don't stress about the weather, as it is not only beyond your control, but is likely to change within a few hours if it looks ominous.

Are y'all using a coordinating service at all? They know all of the areas, all of the paperwork secrets, and were, in our experience, well worth the price. We used justmauid.com and our expectations were not only met but well exceeded.

We had dinner with our folks at The Bay Club following the wedding, which was perfect for our location. Though I didn't see any B&Bs or small places in Kapalua, our stay at the Kapalua Bay Hotel was wonderful, intimate, and friendly if somewhat pricey (see my excessively long trip report if you can endure it).

And as I have heard, people married on the beach in Hawaii live a long and happy life together, blessed with children of above-average IQ and appearance, with world-class physical intimacy lasting into the golden years without need of pharmacologic intervention, and additionally with lifelong enjoyment of regular and satisfying bowel movements.

Getting married is about the two of you. The location, attire, and honeymoon are all gravy.

Congratulations and I wish you the best.
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 01:43 AM

Congrats Patrick! May I suggest Mamas Fish House as a great restaurant to try. And ignore Rusty. Poor fellow needs help. Cheers, Larry
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 12:10 PM

Patrick,

I got married 3 years ago on Big Beach on Maui and it was beautiful. We were married by Reverend Marsha (you can find her details on the alternative Hawaii website). We eloped from the UK and wanted a wedding that wasn't your traditional wedding - somewhere really quiet and beautiful. Mail me if you want any further details. [email protected]

Lisa
Old Mar 31st, 2004, 12:12 PM

I forgot to say we had dinner in Mamas Fish House for our wedding night and it was just ace - we have brilliant memories of it. We also stayed in Iao Valley in an excellent B&B. If you want the details let me know.

Lisa