Search

Maui suggestions for short trip?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui suggestions for short trip?

Hi all
We got a great airfare deal for Mem Day Long weekend - (Wed - Monday) so we snagged it. We have been to Kauai, Big Island and Oahu but 1st time to Maui.

We are looking for recommendations to make the most of our 5 days, keeping in mind we don't need to fill up every minute with activities. Helicopters are out (I didn't enjoy our other 2 rides) but almost anything else is in.

Also looking for lodging recommendations a B+B w/ a pool would be ideal, $1000-$150/night range - I am not good on geography so is there an area that would be quieter than Lahaina?

thanks all - I've read prior posts and they are very helpful, looking for any new thoughts !
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 09:57 AM

Makena Shores (check it out). Do a Haleakala afternoon, followed by sunset (IMO, way better than the overhyped, frigid sunrise), the road to Hana if you have the time and desire. The second-last place I would stay on Maui is Lahaina (after Kahului). You want quiet, beatuiful beach, great place, go to northwest (Kaanapali) or southwest (definately south of Kihei)
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 10:06 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
crater at Haleakala
town of Lahaina
Feast of Lele or Old Lahaina Luau
U'lalena at Myth & Magic Theatre
were my favorite things on Maui

We stayed at Lahaina Shores which is a moderate and functional hotel, walking distance to the center of town.
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 11:20 AM

We are headed for the second time Maui Kai Condo's. We booked directly with the condo owner through www.paradiseinmaui.com. I think she is also on www.vrbo.com I think it came out to $165 a night. Great place, is a studio w/kitchen and best for just 2 people,. Right on the beach, small pool (not on beach), private lanai.
Old Mar 10th, 2008, 11:21 AM

Forgot to tell you that the condo is just north of Lahaina and Kaanapali...about a 10 minute drive.