Reload this Page >

Maui Quiet Hotel Near Lahaina?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 12:09 PM
Joni

I am going to a conference in Lahaina in May at the Hyatt but Kaanapali is such a zoo. I prefer to stay somewhere quieter, preferably with few kids and with nice grounds.(I prefer birds and animals surrounding me more than screaming kids!) It needs to be within a half hour of the Hyatt though so I can get to and from the conference relatively quickly. Does anyone have any recommendations? My husband prefers a nicer hotel but it does not have to be a disneyland style resort. My first thought is the Outrigger in Wailea.

I appreciate any comments you can provide.

Joni

PS. Birdwatching and hiking are our pasttime and we plan to do lots of it at various locales.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Chuck

You like bird watching? How about while you're having your breakfast. Check out the Lahaini Grill for breakfast - its an open air porch and the birds just fly in and out - terrific view, too.

Lahaina is wonderful - lots to see and do - Some real good restaurants also. You can save some 4 and stay right nearby in Kahnapali so long as you have a car - really nice places - some with small kitchens "suites" - check em' out.

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 01:07 PM
jim

Wailea is not that close to Lahaina.

I'd suggest Napili Bay. My personal favorite is Napili Sunset, but it sounds like your husband may prefer the Napili Kai (more of a hotel; Napili Sunset is a small condo complex).

Old Dec 26th, 2002, 05:17 PM
p.

Just a thought, depending when in May you're going, there may not be too many kids as school won't yet be out most places.
Have fun.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 03:25 AM
Nova

It takes about 40 to 35 minutes to dribve from Wailea to Lahaina. If you want a quiet place near Lahaina there are a number of condos in Honokowai, Kahana, Kapalua, and Napili. All of these places are about five to seven miles north of Lahaina.

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 08:43 AM
colleen

My husband and I returned about a week and a half ago from a fabulous stay on Maui at the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua. It was off season so there were NO kids in sight and it was very quiet-just adults enjoying their vacations. Kapalua is only about 15 min from Kanaapali and Lahaina. Highway 30 takes you everywhere you want to go quite quickly. Kapalua is beautiful-championship golf courses, beautiful beaches and very green with lots of trees and scenery. Very serene and exclusive resort area. Won't be very many kids there in May. If your budget allows, splurge and think about staying at the Ritz-paradise on earth!!!Enjoy your trip!!

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Sidney

Being the resident "expert" on Hawaii I thought I would chime in and agree with Colleen's post above.

The Ritz carlton Kapalua is where you want to stay. Kapalua Bay Resort would be a second choice. I like the rrITZ MORE.

nOW YOUR PROBLEM IS SOLVED.
nEXT?