Search

Maui pools

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:32 PM
mike

Maui pools

Staying at the Whaler on Maui and wondering how easy it is to use the pools at the other Kaanapalli hotels?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:59 AM
Don't Understand

Mike,

Think BEACH AND OCEAN!

Don't Understand

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:40 AM
NO

If you are thinking of just walking to a hotel and using their pool .. think again. It's rude for one thing (would you want to stay there and have people from elsewhere using the facilities you are paying big bucks for?? You could always ask the hotel if they have an arrangement w/Whaler (doubt it) but I would not think about crashing the pool where you are not staying. The Whaler has a smallish pool - but the ocean is huge .. and free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:04 AM
lin

Hi,
Last year we went to Maui and stayed at the Hyatt and the Marriot, both places made us wear plastick wrist bands at the pool. I saw people being kicked out. I wouldn't do it, very embarrassing.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 07:17 AM
noname

Many years ago we stayed in a condo on Maui. My husband always loved the Hyatt and wanted to use their pool. We went there and he used it for a while (few minutes) before we were kicked out. Pool people are always on the look out for scofflaws! Since then we've stayed at the Hyatt twice.

If you want to chance it you can try but it may be a brief stay. We found that if you have no towel and don't try to sit in the chairs around the pool you can get away with it briefly. There are also day rates available at most resorts. You get the use of a room for the day. It's usually about half the price of the regular room rate.