Reload this Page >

Directions To Arizona Sonora Museum

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 09:49 AM
Lenore

We'll be taking a day trip from Scottsdale to the Arizona Sonora Museum and, if there is time, Saguera National Park West. Is it possible to get to the museum without actually going into tucson? I don't see an exit from Route 10 prior to the city proper that gets me there.

Can anyone help with directions?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:03 AM
Vicki

Lenore: There is (or at least used to be) a back way to the National Park and Desert Museum. There is an exit that leaves I-10 north of Tucson and heads west across the desert (near where the old airplanes are taken for storage), and then heads south behind Picacho Peak (am I right?) several miles to the National Park and then to the Desert Museum. Then you continue on that road east back into Tucson. A very nice drive and I would guess a long day round trip from Scottsdale, but doable. Have fun. Nice area, may be past its prime at this time for desert flowers but I'm not sure.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:16 PM
E.

Why not call the museum and ask? If anyone would know, they would.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:18 PM
HS Graduate

It might help if you could spell where you were trying to go: SAGUARO NP. Also, if you knew the name of the museum:Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 12:27 PM
Lenore

Don't be fresh, HSGraduate!! Everyone knows just what I meant and the exactly correct spelling won't make a bit of difference. If your only purpose in visiting this website is to be an unpleasant critic then stay off. You're not needed.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:27 PM
traveler

Drive down from Scottsdate down the I-10 into Tucson, and take the Speedway Blvd. exit (You'll be heading west). Just follow the signs. You will be driving for about 15 minutes or so until you get into the Saguaro National Park. You drive through it to get the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. The road will twist and you'll have wonderful panoramic views of Tucson behind you. Have fun. The Desert Museum's phone number is 520-883-2702 in case you need it. Old Tucson Studios is near the Desert Museum if you're interested in a re-creation of an old Western frontier town. Now, for food. There's a decent place to eat at the Arizona -Sonora Desert museum called the Ironwood Cafe I think, but if you want to try a good restaurant in Tucson try Cafe Poca Cosa which is downtown on 88 East Broadway. It's moderate priced Southwest and Sonoran-style Mexican food.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:35 PM
Vicki

You know what, Lenore? There is a very small group that frequents this board that just loves to stir up trouble. Those of us that love to travel and know many of the places mentioned will help you out. Just ignore the insignificant. And these boards can be misleading: you may think you are entering a certain forum, i.e. a particular state or country, but your post may show up simply in United States, Europe, etc.

We loved the Desert Museum (ohmigosh, I didn't name it correctly); you will too. But you'll need some time to see it all!

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 08:34 AM
bbrebozo

I meen rely, howe inpertint as spelin enyway! lungas yew gits thi piont arecoss. wast ill de fus ibout!