Maui nightlife for mid-20s?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2004, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Co-worker thinks I know everything re: travel (smart co-worker!) because I read Fodors.
Wants to know hip places for Maui nightlife, similar to that in upscale, trendy NYC. Is that possible? Since I haven't been, nor am I mid-20s, I need your help.
Doesn't have to be 'live' or Hawaiian music.
Already did a search here for ideas but found mostly 'live' music.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 03:22 PM

Maui "hip" is very different from NYC hip. Closet thing we have to trendy-hip might be Paradice Bluz in Lahaina (no slippahs allowed) or Neptunes martini bar in Kihei. But the entertainment will be local style--not trendy-hip by NY standards.

We have a big live music scene on Maui, which is why you found mostly live music in your search.

Tell your co-worker to check out MauiTime.com andf to pick up a copy of MauiTime when they get here for specifics of what's going on around Maui for a particular week.
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

Thank you here_today_gone2maui! I was hoping you'd reply. I also thought you might say that, after doing a search here. Personally, I would love to hear live, local music, but my co-worker friend is just a bit different. Appreciate the reply.
Old Oct 1st, 2004, 07:45 PM

There is a club at the Grand wailea called Tsunami. Fri and Sat nights they have a DJ. I've heard it's heavy on techo-trance-house, attracts mostly a tourist crowd. Maybe this is what they are looking for? Casanova in Makawao has a techno night and sometimes features visiting DJs. Hapa's in Kihei has UltraFab Tuesdays, which attracts a gay/lesbian/transgendered crowd, and Club Xtacy on Thursday, more house/techno stuff. They have special events with guest DJs too. Is this more what they want?
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 01:05 AM

heretoday....can you tell me more about the clubs that play house music? I would love to check them out. Where are they located? I'm staying in Wailea and would like to go out on a Saturday night....where should we go?
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 11:28 AM

Stayed at GWR and visited Tsunami. Confirming the description provided by here_today_gone2Maui. It's on the bottom floor of the hotel. There's also a nice sushi restaurant not far.
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 08:17 PM

I don't think there is anything other than Tsunami for you on a Saturday night. Hapa's has Flava Zone on Sat, but I think that is more of a hip-hop night. You can pick up a MauiTime magazine when you get here--or check then at Mauitime.com. Things tend to change a lot here. Who knows what will be happening on that particular Sat night. There are lots of places to go on a Sat night, but mostly you will find live music.