Search

Maui Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 07:31 PM
trish

Maui Marriott

We are thinking about staying here next February. Have any of you stayed here? If so, what was your opinion? Thank you!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Pamela

I stayed there in January of 2001. I really enjoyed the hotel although some people have had issues with it. Everything about our stay was pleasant. The service was especially good. We got a week free by using my boyfriend's Marriott points. Because he's a platinum member, they upgraded us for free to a partial ocean view room (we didn't even have to ask).

The only negative was the parking garage. If you self-park, it's tough to find a spot.

Have fun!

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 09:25 AM
Lynn

I stayed there in 2001. I liked the location (and the pool was great), but had the same problems with parking as a previous poster. And valet parking is pretty expensive. I went back to Maui a few months later and rented a condo and liked it much better. Could park easily, could get up and make coffee myself, etc.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Debi

We were in Maui in May and chose the Renaissance instead of the Marriott because of the location. The Renaissance (still part of the Marriott family) is in Wailea - which is a bit warmer and dryer then where the Marriott is - and also ALOT less traffic. We loved the Renaissance...

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Jamesstauff

Between Marriott and Renaissance (want to get Marriott points, so those are my choices), which would be better for teenagers? How is the beach in front of the Marriott? Can you walk to any shopping or restaurants?

Thanks

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 12:06 PM
Pamela

The Marrriott in Kaanapali would be much better for teenagers if they like to do more than sit on the beach. We drove down to Wailea and didn't find a whole heck of alot down there. Kaanapali is more active (more restaurants, shopping, etc.).

The beach in front of the Marriott is fine. Actually, it is a very long stretch of beach. The swimming is usually better a bit down the beach in front of the Sheraton. It's not far of a walk and it's a pretty walk along the beach. Whaler's Village is a couple of stops down from the Marriott walking along the beach path. Whaler's Village has some good restaurants and also quite a few shops.

I was there in January (normally the rainy season) and there was not a drop of rain in Kaanapali. The weather wasn't any different than Wailea.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Lois

We stayed at the Maui Marriott location in June, and I'd agree with a previous poster, that your kids would prefer that location to the Renaissance. There is much more to do, with easier accessability from the Marriott. The pool is great, and Whaler's Village is a short walk down the beach walk that connects all the hotels along that strip. For me personally, when I go back, it will be to the Renaissance because I found both the hotel and the location more appealing, but then, I was there for my 31st anniv. When we were there, we were upgraded to a full ocean view, but we are platinum level.