Reload this Page >

maui-kuai best hotelson islands

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 09:48 AM
burt

can anyone tell me the best hotels and beaches on maui&kuai .?

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 08:26 PM
L. Montgomery

Best Hotels
Maui: Four Season's Wailea or Kea Lani next door to Four Season's.
Kauai: Princeville Resort on North Shore, Hyatt on South Shore.

Old Mar 12th, 1998, 05:41 AM
sandy spohr

While the Princeville Hotel is generally considered to be the "best" hotel in Kauai (it's certainly the most expensive!), it's not necessarily the best place to stay. For one thing, none of their rooms have a lanai. A number of condominiums in Princeville offer the same gorgeous views at a fraction of the cost. The Hanalei Bay Resort is good, too. The Kauai Lagoons Marriott in Lihue is very nice, but awfully close to the airport for my taste. The beaches in Kauai are numerous. Kalihiwai is my favorite, but I think Ke'e (or Bali Hai) is the most beautiful. Don't miss Polihale Beach at the end of the road on the other side of the island. It's specatuclar.

I'm told that the Kea Lani Hotel on Maui is excellent. They have a very nice beach, and the rooms are huge.

Old Mar 12th, 1998, 07:47 PM
sgorces

You might want to check out the great website at Pleasant Hawaiian Holidays at www.pleasantholidays.com. They offer a terrific feature that shows 360 degree video pictures of many of Hawaii's nicer hotels. These pictures show grounds, restaurants and rooms. I think the site www.2hawaii.com gets you there quicker.

Old Mar 12th, 1998, 09:58 PM
Roxanne

If you want seclusion on Maui, the best hotel is the Hana Hotel (or I think it's owned by the Sheraton)--anyway, it's about the only hotel in Hana in West Maui. Now that is a Hawaiian vacation. If you want to be more in civilization, I recommend the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua. I prefer the climate in Kapalua over Kihei, which is the up and coming spot, and the Ritz Carlton has an understated elegance, with superb service and rooms.

Old Mar 12th, 1998, 09:59 PM
Roxanne

If you want seclusion on Maui, the best hotel is the Hana Hotel (or I think it's owned by the Sheraton)--anyway, it's about the only hotel in Hana in West Maui. Now that is a Hawaiian vacation. If you want to be more in civilization, I recommend the Ritz Carlton in Kapalua. I prefer the climate in Kapalua over Kihei, which is the up and coming spot, and the Ritz Carlton has an understated elegance, with superb service and rooms.

Old Mar 13th, 1998, 03:54 PM
lori

My husband and I honeymooned on both islands. The hotel Hana-Maui is wonderful--very remote and luxurious in a rustic and laid back way. Not cheap, but worth it. Makes the drive to Hana more worthwhile to stay there for a few days. The Maui Prince is nice, but others, like the Ritz in Kapalua or the Four Seasons are more luxurious. The Hyatt Regency and Princeville hotel are the best hotels on Kauai, in my opinion. The Hyatt has dryer, sunnier weather and tons of things to do, beuatufl gardens, spa, etc. The Princeville has a spectacular location. Wherever you stay, visit the other for a meal and you won't be disappointed.

Old Mar 13th, 1998, 03:55 PM
lori

My husband and I honeymooned on both islands. The hotel Hana-Maui is wonderful--very remote and luxurious in a rustic and laid back way. Not cheap, but worth it. Makes the drive to Hana more worthwhile to stay there for a few days. The Maui Prince is nice, but others, like the Ritz in Kapalua or the Four Seasons are more luxurious. The Hyatt Regency and Princeville hotel are the best hotels on Kauai, in my opinion. The Hyatt has dryer, sunnier weather and tons of things to do, beuatufl gardens, spa, etc. The Princeville has a spectacular location. Wherever you stay, visit the other for a meal and you won't be disappointed.