Reload this Page >

Maui - Kilhei or Napili

Search

Maui - Kilhei or Napili

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2000, 06:16 AM
Mary Michelsen

Maui - Kilhei or Napili

We are trying to decide where to stay in Maui. We are looking for a moderately priced one BR condo on the beach. I like what I see in Napili because they are low-rise condos. However, the beaches seem better down at Kilhei. We don't like built up areas. Any suggestions/comments?

Old May 24th, 2000, 10:26 AM
jennifer

We stayed in Kihei last month at Maui Kamaole - very nice complex in South Kihei (almost into Wailea). We also checked out Napili Bay complex when were there..very basic two story complex with no pool, but you are beachfront on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I found a website(alohacondos.com)
that show nice pictures of the beach and condos (they are only studios though). I think you can't go wrong with either choice. Aloha and have a wonderful time.

Old May 24th, 2000, 10:58 AM
Paul

I have stayed in both areas and, in my opinion, Kihei is much more built up than Napili. The beaches in West Maui are great but I do prefer the beaches in the Kihei/Wailea area because they are longer and wider. It sounds to me that the Napili area would be better for you and you can always drive to other beaches.

Old May 25th, 2000, 05:24 PM
Barbara

I have stayed in both areas several times and much prefer the Napili area. The Napili Beach has several properties if you want beachfront. Try Napili Sunset or Napili Kai Beach Club for "suite" rather than condo arrangements. There are many others to choose from as well.

Old May 26th, 2000, 08:03 AM
maggie

We stayed with our 2 young daughters(8 & 10)at the Mana Kai at Kihei about 4 years ago. While there brochure showed a nice beach it was gone when we got there because a storm had wiped it out about 6 months prior. The Fodors Maui book recommended it and other than the beach we were very pleased. I'm assuming by this time the beach has come back. Check it out!