maui/kauai honeymoon Summer '04

Jan 27th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

maui/kauai honeymoon Summer '04

Hi,
my fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon for July in Hawaii. More specifically,
8 days in Maui, 4 days in Kauai.

a/any recommendation for resorts in both?
interests: beach,nightlife.
b/any tip to save on hotel bill ?
(besides the usual orbitz/expedia/priceline).
we're not looking for budget hotel but a nice resort at the best rate.
c/
any way to travel by boat from Maui to Kauai?

I figure this is a popular destination so i am looking for hints&help here...
Thanks in advance !!!

Jan 27th, 2004, 12:37 PM

No travel by boat that I know of unless you're on a cruise ship! I'll let someone else address the resorts who has honeymooned there. I love Grand Wailea on Maui and Hyatt on Kauai but if I was on my honeymoon... I might do Four Seasons and the Princeville. Pricey but honeymoons are once in a lifetime.
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:45 PM

We did our honeymoon at Four Seasons in Maui and Hyatt in Kauai. The FS is one of the most spectacular hotels I've every stayed in. The service can't be beat. It's pricey, but not outrageous, but it is a good value because of the quality of the rooms, the service, the food, etc.
As for Kauai, we loved the Hyatt. Beautiful and a lot of fun. While the FS was more of a relaxed atmosphere, the pools at the Hyatt made it lots of fun. We had also looked into the Princeville, which is excellent, but it's on the north shore, and tends to get more rain, so we opted for Hyatt on south shore. Good luck, and enjoy!
Jan 27th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Kal

Aloohaaa,
they were announcing the start of a new ferry service between all the islands starting in 2-3 yrs...but the trip to Kauai was est to be approx. 3hrs.

3 hrs by boat or 20 mins by air? You know my choice.
That's an extra 2hrs 40 mins of Fire Rock time I'm missing!

"Nightlife on Kauai" is like looking for intelligent life in DC. #39;( (that's a non-partisan smack, btw).
Jan 27th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

almesq:
thanks for your reply. one more quwestion for FS,
did you book online ? what would be the damage per night : around $400 or more ?

and Kaui more relaxing&exploring what may be the most beautiful nature&landscapes (secret hideaway), according to what i read everywhere.

thx for the ferry service update, i really think people like island hopping by boat, so i am a bit disappointed here. this is very popular in the carribean btw

Jan 27th, 2004, 05:21 PM

The water around the islands of Hawaii is very rough. Several people have gotten seasick on every boat trip I've ever taken around the islands - Pearl Harbor in Oahu, catamaran trip to Lanai from Maui, etc. I cannot imagine a three hour trip from Maui to Kauai! The cruise ships record a less severe seasickness record because they're so big.