Maui hotel

May 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Original Poster

Maui hotel

Well I finally made it to Maui, and I have to tell you, it's awesome. We're staying at the Grand Wailea. It's a beautiful hotel but quite expensive. I am already planning my next Maui trip. Since I received excellent advice for this trip, I am now asking does anyone know of a hotel that has microwaves and fridges in the rooms. The rooms must be bright airy and have a balcony. It must be right on the ocean with a great beach. And thanks again to all the fodorites who helped me with this trip. I could not have done it without you.
May 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
dmlove

Wait a minute....you're in Maui at the Grand Wailea, as in right now, and you're inside posting Fodors's messages at noon about your nextnext vacation????

May 22nd, 2008, 03:46 PM

Well, if you're at the Grand Wailea, you're likely to be disappointed at any other place, since not only is the Grand Wailea, well, grand, with a lavish luau to boot, but it has one of the loveliest beaches on Maui. (By the way, do they still rake it every morning?)

But if you'd like to spend a little less (actually, quite a bit less) and be in low-profile digs, go up to Kihei, which is just a few miles north of Wailea, and try out Kamaole Nalu. Ask for the the closest-to-the-ocean, ground floor unit, from where you can see the ocean. The beach there is Kamaole II, and it's right at your doorstep - well, directly below - and great for snorkeling. And yes, there are microwaves and refrigerators in the units, which are one- or two-bedroom units.
May 22nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I am on vacation and checking for my next. This gives me the opportunity to look at the facility in person. The Grand Wailea is grand except I get an arobic workout everytime we walk to the pool.
We have been eating breakfast in Kihei. I will check out the Kamaole Nalu tomorrow morning. If anyone has any other suggestions they would be appreciated.
May 22nd, 2008, 07:41 PM
dmlove

thebest, after I saw the third post, I reread your's and it occurred to me that you might want to check out other places for another MAUI vacation. I was originally thinking you were asking in general for beach accommodations with micro and fridge -- not necessarily in Maui. So, please report back!!

May 25th, 2008, 04:27 PM

Try vrbo, A1vacations, or other condo rental. Full kitchen, seperate bedrooms, often maid service. Usually cheaper than most hotels.

Have rented on Oahu, Kauai, Maui. Loved them all!

Upcoming Maui 4th floor ocean front.
May 26th, 2008, 02:35 AM

Look at Mana Kai located in Kihei near the Wailea entrance. Greatest beach.

Search this Thread