Search

Hotel Wailea Maui

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Wailea Maui

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Wailea Maui (prevously Diamond Resort)? I have been to Maui /Wailea many times - but have never stayed there. I came across it - and saw the review on wizardpub, but would like to get some real-time input. It looks lovely - and quiet - and I am intrigued

We typically stay in condos for flexilbility on eating out and we dont need to be "oceanfront" esp if there is a good view, and/or easy access. We usually spend the beach days at Makena, Keowakapu, or Kam I - so walking to the beach is not essential.

This time, we are planning an Oct 09 trip for our 20th anniversary so I am thinking about something different - and relaxing. We have no kids.

Any input? thanks!
Old Jul 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM

ttt
I read about the "new" resort in the online Maui news last month. It sounds so nice! Because Diamond catered to Japanese tourists, I never dropped by to take a look on my past Maui visits. I like the looks of the spacious grounds on their website. The shuttle to beach sounds very convenient also...probably less walking than if staying at the Grand Wailea or Four Seasons, where it can be quite a hike to the sand. And at half the price! The new owners also run the Aqua hotels on Oahu, which are highly rated. I hope you decide to stay there and give us a report. Certainly the early reviews on Tripadviser are favorable. I'll be taking a short trip to Maui next month and will stop by and check it out.
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 09:06 PM

Hi all,

I haven't been on this forum for a while, but we're coming back to Hawaii during summer of 2010 so thought I'd pop back in.

I read that you get signing priviledges at the Grand Wailea (including pool privileges) while staying at the Wailea Maui Resort... that sounds excellent!

Carole
Old Oct 22nd, 2009, 10:57 PM

We just got back from a week at the Hotel Wailea, formerly Diamond Resort. It was beautiful, peaceful, with a Japanese spa and waterfalls and ponds all through the property.

Signing privileges at the Grand Wailea don't include swimming in the pool, alas...but the Grand was such a zoo, I prefered the pool at the Hotel W.

It's a different world from the big resorts. Happy to answer questions.

J.
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 04:44 AM

J: I'd like to know about the shuttle to the beach area.
It is a LONG walk from the Grand Wailea rooms to the sand.
I understand that the Hotel Wailea has a little shuttle.
Does it take you right to the beach lounging area? I had intended to check this out when I was on Maui this summer, but never made it down to Wailea.
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 10:26 AM

Hi Barbara,
Yes, the shuttle takes you down
to Wialea beach, (beautiful) where you can use the beach loungers and umbrellas if you show your room key. From that beach you can walk up to the Grand Wailea or the Four Seasons (preferred) for lunch or a drink.

The walk down to the nearest beach (Polo, in front of the Fairmount) isn't bad in the cool early morning, but it's all downhill -- I'd call the shuttle for the way back.

We didn't use the shuttles much as we had a car, but they will take you anyplace in Wailea and pick you up again with a call.

J.