Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui Dinner Show/Luau ??

We would like to do a luau or dinner show during our 7 day stay in Maui:
Old Lahaina Luau
Feast at Lele
Warren and Annabelle's
Which one do you suggest? It's our first time to Hawaii and we are staying in Wailea, so we really want to only drive into the Lahaina area once for dinner. We will be driving another night to Mama's Fish House. I appreciate positive and negative comments on all 3. Thanks
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:21 PM

We have only been to the Feast at LeLe and it was fantastic. I wish we would have gone to Warren and Annabelles and if we ever go back to Maui we will definitely make that one of our plans.
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:55 PM

Five years ago we went to the Old Lahaina Luau and Warren and Annabelle's. OLL was a great show, the food (buffet style) was good - not spectacular, and the drinks were super! OLL is regarded by many as the best luau in all of Hawai'i.

W & A is a magic show with appetizers - the food was good not great. I felt the same about the show - though many rave about it - maybe we were there on an off night. The venue is interesting. I would imagine that W & A needs to change a bit from time to time to keep from being stale and to bring back repeat business.

The Feast at Lele has a sit down dinner with the food from a reknowned chef. This coming Thusday I will be there if all connections go right and I will be able to tell if it is the best.

All said, if I had to choose, I would pick OLL or F at L. If you want a good magic show you can find one many other places than Hawai'i but a luau says Hawai'i!
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:59 PM

I loved both OLL & Warren & Annabelle's. Mama's was nice, but would rank 3 out of the 3 in my book.
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:06 PM

ooops I didn't mention Mama's before - we went - it was crowded, tables close together, food was not worth the money. We had a much, much better meal at Gerard's in Lahaina and at Humu at the Grand Wailea. All restaurants seem to go up and down over time - it will be interesting to see if our memories and the places stand the test of time as next week we plan to return to the two but not to Mama's. Other spots have come on our radar and will post a trip report after our return.
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:28 PM

We did Drums of Pacific luau and Warren and Annabelle's. As it was our first trip to HI, I felt that going to a luau was requisite. It was good, food ok. I wouldn't go to another commercial luau as I can't how much different they would be from one another. I know the fire dancer is at some, not others.

We loved Warren & Annabelles! We thought the food was really tasty and Warren's magic [really slight of hand] was incredible. We would see it again, even if he didn't change the show. There were a number of folks there who'd been before and the size of the theatre [75] makes it an intimate experience.

Hope this helps...
Debi
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 04:54 PM

I, like Debi, thought the food at W&A was great (and plentiful!).
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:48 PM
Ag3046

I like the atmosphere at Old Lahaina Luau. I think you should enjoy Mama's Fish House at least once on your stay. In fact, I drive there for a late lunch on the day I arrived. I sat next to Mama and husband one time. They are really lovely, unassuming people. I really prefered lunch over dinner, as dinner is so popular. But hey, I go therer multiple times when I'm on Maui.

Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 07:24 PM

If you go to a luau, pick one with a fire knife dancer.

Drums of the Pacific at the Hyatt has the best one on Maui.

Feast at Lele is also good, but expensive.

Old Lahaina Luau does not have a fire knife dancer. For that reason alone, I would choose a different luau.
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Very interesting - thank you. I think I am leaning towards the Feast at Lele.