Maui - Deep Sea Fishing

Old Nov 2nd, 1999, 11:28 AM
Paul

Maui - Deep Sea Fishing

We will be in Maui at the end of this month and would like to go deep sea fishing. Need some advice on how to go about this when we get there. Thanks.

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 01:24 AM
Bart

There are lots of choices. Just go to the dock in front of the Pioneer Inn in Lahaina. There are many fishing boats there and you can arrange a trip that fits your budget. Shared charter or private, many sizes of boats, etc.
Good luck.

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 06:24 PM
Tom

This website is very helpful:
http://www.mauifishing.com/
We went on Lucky Strike but didn't catch anything so it was a disappointment!

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 11:49 AM
Thomas

You probably shouldn't wait till you get there to book if you want a good boat. We made that mistake. I printed out some great info from FishMaui (fishmaui.com) and even emailed the site owner to get his recommendations, but decided to wait till we got there to book. All the boat's he'd recommended were booked up and I ended up on a real dog of a boat (don't believe the discount activity companies because I think they must base their recommendations on commission payouts).

Book in advance.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 02:41 PM
Michele B

Just my 2 cents: I read your post last month and took your advice. I booked a fishing trip for my husband in advance with the company you mentioned. He recommended a wonderful boat called "Start Me Up" out of Lahaina (http://www.mauisportfishing.com).

John didn't land a fish personally, but someone else caught a 210 pound marlin and everyone had a super time. The crew was terrific. We asked if we could go out again, but sure enough, they were booked solid for the next 2 weeks! (You were right again, Thomas!)

OTHER STUFF WE DID:
We also attended the Old Lahaina Luau which was great, snorkeled at Molokini (a little crowded for my taste) and did a Lanai snorkeling trip (much nicer!).

Can't wait to return to Maui for our 10th anniversary!

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 06:55 PM
p.

AT LAST !
Some fishing talk.. I love fishing (as does my better half) but we've not done it on Maui (yet), the idea of trolling for hours doesn't appeal much. Anyone got any reports on bottom fishing out of Lahaina ? Maybe not 200 pounders but individual action on lighter tackle ?
Cheers

Wow, just noticed date on original post !