Maui advice - activities before a flight

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2020, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am on Maui already with two children (13 and 4). Our flight back is at 10:00 pm, but we check out at 11:00 am. I am seeking suggestions on what to do during the last day. We have a car. Staying in south Kihei. Thank you!

Last edited by 2016adventurer; Feb 20th, 2020 at 08:05 AM.
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kamaole III beach has great swimming and snorkeling with showers to wash off the salt water.
There is lots of shade and picnic tables with several dining choices across the street.
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 02:37 PM

It may be too late for you, but is it possible to book your condo for one more day so you are not "homeless" and have to worry about things like luggage storage and showers. If you have a hotel this is easier since some of them have hospitality rooms.
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 02:46 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Ditto what jamie99 posted. If you are out swimming or sightseeing all day you don't want to leave your luggage in the car.
Old Feb 20th, 2020, 04:29 PM

This happens to us every time we go to Maui. We spend the afternoon eating and strolling in Lahaina without getting into the water.
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by edjim
This happens to us every time we go to Maui. We spend the afternoon eating and strolling in Lahaina without getting into the water.
This is why I decided it was worth it to always book an extra night when we have the red eye flight home from Hawaii.
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 08:31 AM

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kureiff
This is why I decided it was worth it to always book an extra night when we have the red eye flight home from Hawaii.
Our DD and SIL were staying a couple of extra days in separate lodging nearby. We all went up to Haleakala to see the sunrise. We stored our bags at their place after we checked out of our condo at 11AM.
We headed to the airport about 7PM for our red eye flight out. The cheapest gas to refill your rental car before return is at the Costco. Sometimes there is a line but it's worth the wait.
Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! We had a wonderful day driving up to Kapalua to see friends and then to Kaanapali for the Whaler’s village lunch and shopping. Checked out the beach as well but didn’t get into the water. Our luggage was intact and it was just sandy beach clothes. We ended the day with a dinner in Paia. Loved the bohemian vibe there.